This volume brings together information on the available and newly emerging technologies related to using plant compounds that have a beneficial role in food production. It is divided into sections focusing on phytochemistry of cereals and legumes, phytochemistry of medicinal plants, and technological advances in phytochemical study. Topics include
- the role of anti-nutritional substances of legumes in human health and on the elimination of such through technological processing
- sorghum phytochemicals and their processing and use in the development of food products
- production of nutraceuticals and functional foods of pharmaceutical importance
- T. cordifolia in the development of its therapeutic use in the food, health, and pharmacology industries
- polyphenolic compounds of plants, including their biosynthesis process, their classification, function, and role as bioactive compounds
1. The Emphasis of Effect of Cooking and Processing Methods on Anti-Nutritional Phytochemical of Legumes and Their Significance in Human Health
Deepak Kumar Verma et al.
2. Sorghum Phytochemicals: Extraction, Processing, Applications, and Health Benefits
Smita Singh et al.
3. Effect of Processing on Bioactive Phytochemicals of Barley: A Cereal Grain with Potent Antioxidants and Potential Human Health Benefits
Sukhvinder Singh Purewal et al.
4. Phytochemicals in Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia L.): Structure, Chemistry, and Health Benefits
Pradyuman Kumar et al.
5. Phytomedicinal Study on Brazilian Medicinal Plants for Their Potential in Chronic Diseases Treatment
Marcelo José Dias Silva et al.
6. Phytochemical Alternative for Control of the Erwinia amylovora: Extraction Conditions and Phytochemical Source Selection
Joaquin Hernandez-Escamilla et al.
7. Isoflavone as Functional Food and Its Butterfly Model: A Novel Approach
Afroze Alam et al.
8. Biosynthesis, Bioavailability, and Metabolism of Plant Polyphenols: Biological Activities and Their Potential Benefits in Human Health
Khushdeep Kaur, Bavita Asthir, and Deepak Kumar Verma
9. Scientific Exploration and Exploitation of Tannins
Sankhadip Bose, Subhash C. Mandal, and Subhajit Dutta