Apple Academic Press
592 pages | 13 Color Illus. | 51 B/W Illus.
As volume 2 of this three-volume set on phytochemistry, this book features chapters that comprehensively review a selection of important recent advances in ethnopharmacology and alternative and complementary medicines. It also presents many informative chapters on the medicinal potential of phytochemicals in the treatment and management of various diseases, such as cancer, diabetes, diabetic nephropathy, autoimmune diseases, neurological disorders, male infertility, and more.
Part 1: Ethnomedicine And Pharmacognosy
1. Pharmacognosy and Prehistoric Uses of Medicinal Plants
Chukwuebuka Egbuna, Nadia Sharif, and N. Shaista Jabeen
2. Complementary and Alternative Systems of Medicines
Vinesh Kumar and Yogita Sharma
3. Ethnobotanical Study of Indigenous Peoples’ Medicinal Plants
Felix Ifeanyi Nwafor and Stella I. Inya-Agha
4. Herbal Medicine: A Case Study of Nigerian Medicinal Plants
A. Oyedepo, Temitope
5. Plant Species Utilized for Ethnoveterinary Practices in India
V. Lakshminarayana and G. M. Narasimha Rao
6. Antioxidants and Phytochemicals
7. Roles of Phytochemicals in the Prevention and Treatment of Various Diseases
Intan Soraya Che Sulaiman, Shibani Sukhi, and Azham Mohamad
8. Phytochemicals as Oxidative Stress Mitigators
Ashutosh Gupta and Abhay K. Pandey
9. Antimicrobial Medicinal Plants as Effective Natural Bioresources
Jaya Vikas Kurhekar
10. Medicinal Plants with Anti-Venom Activities
Habibu Tijjani and Chukwuebuka Egbuna
11. Medicinal Potentials of Green Tea
Frederick O. Ujah
12. Antioxidant Potentials of Cinnamon
S. Zafar Haider et al.
13. Phytochemical as the Hope for the Treatment of Hepatic and Neuronal Disorders
Swagata Das et al.
14. Role of Phytochemicals in the Treatment of Male Infertility
Vijaykumar K. Parmar and Ketan Variya
15. Roles of Medicinal Plants in the Treatment of Cancer
Prabhat Upadhyay et al.
16. Methylated Flavonoids as a Novel Inhibitor of Metastasis in the Cancer Cell
Prem Prakash Kushwaha, Pushpendra Singh, and Shashank Kumar
17. Medicinal Roles of Phytomolecules in the Treatment and Management of Diabetes Mellitus
Maria Aslam, Sidra Khalid, and Hafsa Kamran
18. Roles of Phytomolecules in the Treatment of Diabetic Nephropathy
Rashmi Shukla, Prabhat Upadhyay, and Yamini B. Tripathi
19. Phytochemicals as Protagonist for the Treatment and Management of Autoimmune Diseases
Pragya Mishra, Parjanya Kumar Shukla, and Raghvendra Raman Mishra
Part 3: Nanoparticle Biosynthesis And Its Biomedical Applications
20. Green Biosynthesis of Metallic Nanoparticles
Seshu Vardhan Pothabathula, Prem Prakash Kushwaha, and Shashank Kumar
21. Cytotoxicity and Biomedical Applications of Metal Oxide Nanoparticles Synthesized from Plants
Hii Yiik Siang et al.
22. Biosynthesis of Carbon Dot’s Nanoparticles from Plants
Hameed Shah and Ashfaq Ahmad Khan
Part 4: Phytochemicals As Friends And Foes
23. Toxic Plants and Phytochemicals
Chukwuebuka Egbuna et al.
24. Phytochemicals as Prooxidants
Andrew G. Mtewa
25. Phytochemical as an Antinutrient