Apple Academic Press
478 pages | 19 Color Illus. | 45 B/W Illus.
This volume presents chapters that discuss secondary metabolites of marine origin, the industrial applications of phytochemicals, and recent advances in phytochemical research. It considers production of secondary metabolites and accumulations through in vitro cultures and also reviews the effects of natural products as biopesticides and as eco-friendly corrosion inhibitors. In addition, the volume discusses the effects of the environment on the distribution of phytochemicals and the roles of phytochelatins and heavy metal tolerance in plants.
Part 1: Marine Sources Of Secondary Metabolites
1. Phytochemicals of Marine Origin
Nadia Sharif et al.
2. Marine Sponge Alkaloids: A Source of Novel Anticancer Agent
Musarat Amina and Hanan M. Al-Yousef
3. Marine Antioxidants and Assay Methods
Onyeka Kingsley Nwosu and David Okechukwu Okeke
4. Extraction of Marine Phytochemicals: Methods and Techniques
Nadia Sharif, Neelma Munir, and Shagufta Naz
Part 2: Industrial And Medicinal Applications Of Phytochemicals
5. Biotechnology Approach to the Production of Phytochemicals: An Introduction
Hameed Shah et al.
6. Secondary Metabolites Accumulation and Production through In Vitro Cultures
Hussien M. Daffalla and Azza Migdam Elsheikh
7. Practical Processes Involved in the Production of Phytochemicals by Plant Tissue Culture
Hanan M. Al-Yousef
8. Medicinal and Industrial Applications of Bromelain
Ramesh Kumar and Abhay K. Pandey
9. Cysteine Proteases from Plants and Its Applications
Juan Abreu Payrol et al.
10. Phytotherapy and Encapsulation
Şaban Keskin, Merve Keskin, and Sevgi Kolaylı
11. Effective Processing Methods for Fruits and Vegetables
Maria Aslam, Sidra Khalid, and Hafsa Kamran
Part 3: Environmental Concerns And Eco-Friendly Control Measures
12. Effects of Environmental Factors on the Accumulation of Phytochemicals in Plants Sechene
13. Effects of Environment on the Chemical Constituents and Biological Characteristics of Some Medicinal Plants
Vinesh Kumar and Yogita Sharma
14. Phytochelatins and Heavy Metal Tolerance in Plants
Maria Catherine B. Otero and Genevieve D. Tupas
15. Phytochemical Biopesticides
Olumayowa Vincent Oriyomi
16. Sustainable Approach in Integrated Pest Management: Role of Phytomolecules as Biopesticide
Rakesh Kumar Gupta, Prem Prakash Kushwaha, and Shashank Kumar
17. Essential Oil in Pest Control and Disease Management
Arvind Saroj et al.
18. Inhibition of Mild Steel Corrosion in Acidic Media by Phytochemicals
Basu Maan Daas
Part 4: Recent Advances
19. Novel Terpenoids as Anticancer Stem Cell Agents
Rebati Malik et al.
20. Evaluation of the Phytohemagglutinin Activities of Echinacea Species in Ontogenesis
Sergey V. Pospelov