New third edition of the bestselling manual from the German Solar Energy Society (DGS), showing you the essential steps to plan and install a solar photovoltaic system.
With a global focus, it has been updated to include sections on new technology and concepts, new legislation and the current PV market.
- new developments in inverter and module technology
- market situation worldwide and outlook
- integration to the grid (voltage stabilization, frequency, remote control)
- new legal requirements for installation and planning
- operational costs for dismantling and recycling
- feed-in management
- new requirements for fire protection
- new requirements in Europe for electric waste (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment, WEEE) and the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances (RoHS).
Also providing information on current developments in system design, economic analysis, operation and maintenance of PV systems, as well as new software tools, hybrid and tracking systems.
An essential manual for installers, engineers and architects, it details every subject necessary for successful project implementation, from the technical design to the legal and marketing issues of PV installation.
Table of Contents
Foreword 1. Photovoltaic Basics 2. PV Modules and Other Components of Grid-Connected Systems 3. Site Surveys and Shading Analysis 4. Planning and Sizing Grid-Connected Photovoltaic Systems 5. System Sizing, Design and Simulation Software 6. Mounting Systems and Building Integration 7. Installing, Commissioning and Operating Grid-Connected Photovoltaic Systems 8. Stand-alone Photovoltaic Systems 9. Economics and Environmental Issues 10. Marketing and Promotion Bibliography. Index.
The German Solar Energy Society (DGS) is the German section of the International Solar Energy Society.
Reviews for previous edition:
"The most up-to-date and comprehensive guide to solar photovoltaic systems." – Permaculture Magazine
"A mine of useful practical information designed to help those involved with installing PV systems." – Renew Magazine