Plant Stress Biology
Progress and Prospects of Genetic Engineering
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after December 15, 2020
This unique book covers the molecular aspects of plant stress and the various industrial applications. Chapters cover many important topics in the biology of plant stress, including morphological and physiological changes of plants due to accumulation of pollutants; the types of stress for enhanced biofuel production from plant biomass; plant adaptation due to different types of environmental stresses; potential applications of microRNAs to improve abiotic stress tolerance in plants; plant resistance to viruses and the molecular aspects; photosynthesis under stress conditions; plant responses to weeds, pests, pathogens, and agrichemical stress conditions; and plant responses under the stress of drought.
Plant Stress Biology: Progress and Prospects of Genetic Engineering will be useful for researchers in diverse fields as well as for plant biologists, environmental biologists, faculty, and students. The book will be helpful for further advancement of research in the area of plant stress biology.
Table of Contents
1. Bioaccumulation of Heavy Metal in Plants: Morphological and Physiological Changes
V. Verma, G. Singhal, P. Singh, and N. Srivastava
2. Different Environmental Stress for Enhanced Biofuel Production from Plant Biomass
Sunanda Joshi, Monika Choudhary, and Nidhi Srivastava
3. Application of Plant Stress for Enhanced Biofuel Production
Shritoma Sengupta, Debalina Bhattacharya, Mainak Mukhopadhyay
4. Improving Plant Adaptation/Tolerance under Stress Conditions: Future Prospects
Ranjeet Kaur and Rupam Kumar Bhunia
5. MicroRNAs as Potential Tool to Improve Abiotic Stress Tolerance in Plants
Chandra Pal Singh
6. Molecular Approaches for Engineering Plant Resistance to Viruses
Nirbhay Kumar Kushwaha et al.
7. Plant Responses to Weeds, Pests, Pathogens, and Agrichemical Stress Conditions
Rituparna Saha, Debalina Bhattacharya, and Mainak Mukhopadhyay
8. Stomatal Adaptive Response in Plants under Drought Stress
Hasthi Ram et al.
9. Understanding the Epigenetic Regulation of Plants under Stress and Potential Application in Agriculture
Shweta Roy, Nirbhay Kumar Kushwaha, and Praveen Soni
10. Understanding the Mechanism of Drought Tolerance in Pearl Millet
11. Biotic Stress on Wheat: An Overview
Pankaj Kumar Singh, Sunita Singh, and Girish Chandra Pandey
12. Effect of Water Scarcity and High Temperature on Wheat Productivity
Vidisha Thakur and Girish Chandra Pandey
13. Insect Pest Management of Agricultural Crops
Ritika, Nikita Bhati, Shreya, and Arun Kumar Sharma
14. Impact of Stress Factors on Plants for Enhancing Biomass Generations towards Biofuels
Dipankar Ghosh, Shrestha Debnath, and Kamalendu De
Arindam Kuila, PhD, is currently working as Assistant Professor in the Department of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Banasthali Vidyapith, Rajasthan, India.