Pocket Prescriber Psychiatry is a concise, up-to-date prescribing guide containing all the "must-have" information that psychiatrists and mental health professionals need to know.
- A-Z list of the top, most commonly prescribed drugs with each entry containing the key prescribing information
- Safety issues, warnings, drug errors, and adverse effects
- Practical guidance on drug selection, plus protocols and cost guidelines
- Advice and reference information for complicated prescriptions and adverse drug interactions
- Concise management summaries for psychiatric emergencies and rapid tranquilization
- Essential advice for special populations such as the elderly as well as summaries of the mental health act and incapacity, as well as drug and alcohol misuse
- Clinical useful reminders of a wealth of key facts from basic pharmacology as well as medicolegal essentials and a drug dose calculator
This book provides the key essential information for all mental health professionals prescribing drugs and is essential for psychiatrists, mental health nurses, primary care physicians, psychologists, psychotherapists, and counsellors and anyone caring for people with mental health issues.
Now available for download as a mobile or handheld version from www.hoddereducation.com and with further essential information from www.lifeinthefastlane.com.
Table of Contents
Common/useful drugs. Disorders. Non-pharmacological treatments. Basic psychopharmacology. Miscellaneous. Emergencies. Reference information.
BISAC Subject Codes/Headings:
- MEDICAL / General
- MEDICAL / Internal Medicine
- MEDICAL / Psychiatry / General