Polymer Coatings: Technologies and Applications provides a comprehensive account of the recent developments in polymer coatings encompassing novel methods, techniques, and a broad spectrum of applications. The chapters explore the key aspects of polymer coatings while highlighting fundamental research, different types of polymer coatings, and technology advances. This book also integrates the various aspects of these materials from synthesis to application. Current status, trends, future directions, and opportunities are also discussed. The book
- examines the basics to the most recent advances in all areas of polymer coatings
- serves as a one-stop reference
- discusses polymer-coated nanocrystals and coatings based on nanocomposites
- describes morphology, spectroscopic analysis, adhesion, and rheology of polymer coatings
- explores conducting, stimuli-responsive, self-healing, hydrophobic and hydrophilic, antifouling, and antibacterial polymer coatings
- covers modeling and simulation
With contributions from the top international researchers from industry, academia, government, and private research institutions, both new and experienced readers will benefit from this applications-oriented book.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Polymer Coatings. 2. Fundamentals of Polymer Coatings. 3. Polymer Coating Methods. 4. Polymer-Coated Nanocrystals. 5. Polymer Coatings Based on Nanocomposites. 6. Biodegradable Polymeric Coatings. 7. Morphology of Polymer Coatings. 8. Spectroscopic Analysis of Polymer Coatings. 9. Rheology of Polymer Coatings. 10. Cure Reactions of Polymer Coatings. 11. Thermal and Mechanical Properties of Polymer Coatings. 12. Conducting Polymer Coatings. 13. Stimuli-Responsive Polymers Coatings. 14. Self-Healing Polymer Coatings. 15. Hydrophobic and Hydrophilic Polymer Coatings. 16. Antifouling and Antibacterial Polymer Coatings. 17. Adhesion of Polymer Coatings. 18. Modeling and Simulation in Polymer Coatings. 19. Future Challenges and Applications of Polymer Coatings.
Dr. Jyotishkumar Parameswaranpillai received his Ph.D. in Polymer Science and Technology (Chemistry) from Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala, India. He has published around 80 papers (including few book chapters) in high-quality international peer-reviewed journals on polymer nanocomposites, polymer blends and alloys, and biopolymer, and has edited five books. He received numerous awards and recognitions including prestigious Kerala State Award for the Best Young Scientist 2016 and INSPIRE Faculty Award 2011. Dr. Sanjay Mavinkere Rangappa received the B.E (Mechanical Engineering) from Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi, India in 2010, M.Tech (Computational Analysis in Mechanical Sciences) from VTU Extension Centre, GEC, Hassan, in 2013 and Ph.D (Faculty of Mechanical Engineering Science) from Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi, India in 2017. He is a Life Member of Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) and Associate Member of Institute of Engineers (India). He is a reviewer for many international journals and international conferences. In addition, he has published more than 50 articles in journals, book chapters and also presented research papers at national/international conferences. His current research areas include natural fiber composites, polymer composites, and advanced material technology. Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil. Suchart Siengchin is President of King Mongkut's University of Technology North Bangkok (KMUTNB), Thailand. He received his Dipl.-Ing. in Mechanical Engineering from University of Applied Sciences Giessen/Friedberg, Hessen, Germany in 1999, M.Sc. in Polymer Technology from University of Applied Sciences Aalen, Baden-Wuerttemberg, Germany in 2002, M.Sc. in Material Science at the Erlangen-Nürnberg University, Bayern, Germany in 2004, Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering (Dr.-Ing.) from Institute for Composite Materials, University of Kaiserslautern, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany in 2008 and Postdoctoral Research from Kaiserslautern University and School of Materials Engineering, Purdue University, USA. In 2016 he received the habilitation at the Chemnitz University in Sachen, Germany. He worked as a Lecturer for Production and Material Engineering Department at The Sirindhorn International Thai-German Graduate School of Engineering (TGGS), KMUTNB. He has been full Professor at KMUTNB and became the President of KMUTNB. He won the Outstanding Researcher Award in 2010, 2012 and 2013 at KMUTNB. His research interests in Polymer Processing and Composite Material. He is Editor-in-Chief: KMUTNB International Journal of Applied Science and Technology and the author of 87 peer-reviewed Journal Articles. He has participated with presentations in more than 39 international and national conferences with respect to Materials Science and Engineering topics.