Practical Tips for Successful Library Management
Today's library and information service managers need to be multi-skilled practitioners, demonstrating knowledge and understanding of multiple professional disciplines while working in operational and strategic managerial and leadership capacities. Managers need support in order to effectively work in such a diversity of professional environments and roles and this new book draws on an international field and all types of library sector to support library managers in their management and leadership vocations.
Practical Tips for Successful Library Management takes management theory and practice and places it within a library and information context so that readers can see how the practical tips provided can be applied in their own roles. You will find flexible tips and implementation advice on topics including:
- Leadership and self awareness
- Organisational awareness
- Project management
- Strategic and business planning
- Staying in touch with sector developments and innovations
- Time management
- Budget and people management
- Team working
- Quality assurance and performance measurement
- Liaison and communication
- Evaluation and responsiveness
- Career planning and work-life balance.
1. Operational Management 2. Managing People 3. Managing Resources 4. Influencing 5. Strategic Management 6. Project Management 7. Quality Assurance and Performance Measures 8. Partnerships and Collaborations 9. Communication 10. Understanding Yourself