The availability of human genome, large amount of data on individual genetic variations, environmental interactions, influence of lifestyle, and cutting-edge tools and technologies for big-data analysis have led to the era of clinical practice of "Precision Medicine". This book aims to provide a readily available resource on all the important developments achieved so far in the field of oncology. All recent developments have been explained along with epidemiology, technologies and approaches to manage the included diseases. Therefore, readers will get the up to date information on the next-generation approach in tackling all kinds of cancer.
• Presents the latest trend of cancer management based on precision/predictive medicine approach
• Reviews the latest and up to date literature in the field of Precision Medicine
• Highlights the next generation approach in tackling malignant diseases
• Discusses how a life-threatening disease like cancer can be managed with the help of Precision Medicine
• Encapsulates a global prospective
Table of Contents
1. Precision Medicine in Oncology: An overview. 2. Circulating tumor cells and circulating tumor DNA in precision medicine. 3. Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma and liquid biopsies: a new tool for precision oncology. 4. Precision medicine for brain gliomas. 5. Precision Medicine for Colorectal Cancer. 6. Precision medicine in prostate cancer. 7. Breast cancer epigenetic targets for precision medicine. 8. Precision medicine in Ovarian Carcinoma. 9. Precision Medicine in Myelodysplastic Syndromes. 10. Precision Medicine in Acute Myeloid Leukemia. 11. Precision medicine in Coronary Artery Disease. 12. Precision Medicine in Stroke and other related Neurological Diseases. 13. Precision medicine in osteoporosis and bone diseases. 14. Precision medicine in diabetes mellitus. 15. Precision medicine in multiple sclerosis. 16. Precision Medicine in asthma and COPD. 17. Customized DNA Directed Precision Nutrition to Balance the Brain Reward Circuitry and Reduce Addictive Behaviours.
Debmalya Barh, MSc, MTech, MPhil, PhD, PGDM, is the Founder and Principal Scientist of Institute of Integrative Omics and Applied Biotechnology (IIOAB), INDIA. He is having 12+ years leading academic, healthcare, molecular diagnostic, and bioinformatics industry experience and an expert in integrative omics–based biomarkers, targets and targeted drug discovery, and personalized medicine in cancers and various complex diseases. He works with more than 400 scientists from 100+ top ranked organizations across 40+ countries and has 150+ publications and a branded editor for 10+ cutting-edge omics related reference books. He is a reviewer of journals from Nature publications, Elsevier and AACR Journals, CMAJ, NAR, Molecular Medicine, Gene Therapy, BMC Series, Bioinformatics, PLOS etc. Due to his significant contribution in the field; he has been recognized by Who's Who in the World and Limca Book of Records.