Production and Inventory Control
Roadmaps and Strategies for Business Improvement
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after December 22, 2021
This textbook covers the basic principles of Production and Inventory Controls, and extends into emerging technologies, covering how to analytically assess a company’s current processes and prioritize to best improve productivity, inventory levels and customer service. It shows how to incorporate world-class best practices into a robust roadmap for improvement.
Methodologies discussed include inventory management, the Pareto principle, Lean operations, Kanbans, utilizing statistics to optimize inventory, manufacturing-run strategies, production planning and scheduling, and push-pull-hybrid production systems. Uniquely, the book also includes an evaluation of the use of emerging technologies in Production and Inventory Control management. Real-life cases studies are used throughout, which show the application of Production and Inventory Control management techniques in operational situations, coupled with assessment activities to aid understanding. A unique case shows the step-by-step transformation of a material management system at an OEM.
Providing a comprehensive and applied approach, this text should be recommended and core reading for advanced undergraduate and postgraduate students of Production and Inventory Management, Operations Management and Lean Operations.
Table of Contents
1. Lessons to be Learned in Prepping for Production and Inventory Control
2. Introduction to Production and Inventory Control
3. The Pareto Principle, Differentiating the Vital-Few from the Trivial-Many
4. Applying Lean Operational Principles in Production and Inventory Control
5. Key Techniques & Strategies of Inventory Management
6. The Role of Statistics and Mathematics Role in Optimizing Inventory Levels
7. Push, Pull, or Hybrid Production Systems Deployment
8. Planning and Implementing an Effective Kanban System
9. Manufacturing Run Strategies’ Impact on Production Planning and Scheduling
10. Emerging Technologies in Production and Inventory Control
11. Holistic Production and Inventory Control Transformation
Raymond Kelly has 40-years’ experience as an industrialist practitioner, a consultant with Deloitte Consulting, PricewaterhouseCoopers, and Coopers & Lybrand, and as a freelance consultant. His employers included: Nortel Networks, Cardinal Health, Littelfuse, Welbilt, and Eaton Corporation. Having worked in 23 countries, he brings a unique global business perspective. Raymond is also the author of Optimizing Your Supply Chain Performance (2019) and The Myths and Truths of Lean Transformations (2018).