Cutting-edge information on databases for research and clinical practice in neuropathy!
Quantitative Electroencephalographic Analysis (QEEG) Databases for Neurotherapy: Description, Validation, and Application examines the strengths and limitations of QEEG databases as a tool for the diagnosis of neurological and psychiatric disorders. This book is written by experts who have had considerable experience in either the development of databases or in working with them. This text can improve your ability to fine-tune existing protocols and develop new ones leading to better treatment, better long-term outcome, and fewer training sessions.
Quantitative Electroencephalographic Analysis (QEEG) Databases for Neurotherapy can help you differentiate cognitive states, clinical disorders, and EEG changes throughout the lifespan of a patient. This book also reveals the latest technological developments and methodological practices, and comparisons are made between EEG databases to help you determine what is best for your needs. Several controversies involving quantitative EEGs are discussed, including ethical concerns and early criticisms against the use of these methods for diagnostic purposes.
This book addresses important topics such as:
- the development of methodology for estimating the deviance from the database norms to determine abnormal brain functioning
- the most widely used QEEG databasestheir construction and application as well as a comparison and contrast of their features
- the creation of a universal set of standards for determining which database is suitable for a researcher’s or practitioner’s needs
- the use of quantitative EEG and normative databases for clinical purposesethical concerns, advantages and limitations, and the proposal for a new clinical approach for neurotherapy
- the comparison of QEEG reference databases in analysis and in the evaluation of Adult Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
Table of Contents
- SCIENTIFIC ARTICLES
- Parametric and Non-Parametric Analysis of QEEG: Normative Database Comparisons in Electroencephalography, a Simulation Study on Accuracy
- Use of Databases in QEEG Evaluation
- Quantitative EEG Normative Databases: A Comparative Investigation
- Databases or Specific Training Protocols for Neurotherapy? A Proposal for a Clinical Approach to Neurotherapy
- Quantitative EEG Normative Databases: Validation and Clinical Correlation
- Comparison of QEEG Reference Databases in Basic Signal Analysis and in the Evaluation of Adult ADHD
- Reference Notes Included