Readings in Historic Preservation
Why? What? How?
- This product is currently out of stock.
The readings in this book on the where, why, and how of historic preservation provide a broad overview of the field as well as a detailed scrutiny of the principal issues facing preservation today. This volume is intended to give those dealing with historic preservation the necessary substantive background to understand and solve the problems that arise in preservation programs.Sections include readings on:
- The forerunners of the modern preservation movement
- Criteria for landmark designation methods
- Issues of architectural conformity
- Rehabilitation techniques
- Adaptive reuse
- Area planning