Reflexive Leadership in Context
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after November 30, 2020
This concise textbook seeks to unpack the real-life complexities of leadership by examining the theories and models surrounding it and encouraging self-analysis in the individual’s own contexts.
- Provides an outline knowledge of the various perspectives of leadership theory;
- Develops a critical and robust framework for considering existing leadership theory and consequently applying leadership practice across the organisation;
- Identifies individual and important characteristics likely to enhance leadership practice in the workplace;
- Considers a framework for analysing leadership performance and methods and practicalities for application.
Reflexive Leadership in Context provides a practical and concise introduction for executive education students currently studying for MSc/MBA apprenticeship programmes, as well as supplementary reading for postgraduate students studying modules within Leadership and Management.
Table of Contents
1. What do we know about leadership?
2. Mainstream Theories, Visions and Transformations
3. Leadership, Organisation and Teams
4. Social Constructionism, Stories and Culture
5. Followers and Leadership
6. Power, politics, resistance and leadership
7. Doing the right thing: Doing things right
8. Becoming Leaderful
Paul Evans is a Lecturer in Leadership and Management Development at the Alliance Manchester Business School, Manchester, UK.