Informa Law from Routledge
Remedies in Construction Law brings together various well-established strands of the law and considers practical remedies for breach of contract and tort in connection with construction projects.
Now in a fully updated second edition, it covers topics such as:
This book continues to be a vital reference to lawyers and construction professionals seeking specialist insight into how remedies function in the construction sector.
4. Specific Remedies Under Contract
5. Quantum Meruit
8. Damages for Breach of Contract: The Rule in Hadley V Baxendale
9. Damages for Breach of Contract: Measure of Damages
10. The "Black Hole" Cases
11. Damages for Breach Of Contract: Some Other General Principles
12. Damages in Tort
13. Recovery of Loss of Profits and Overheads or Management Costs
14. Liquidated Damages and Extensions of Time
15. Recovery of Damages and Costs
16. The Problem of "Global" Claims
17. Claims Under The Civil Liability (Contribution) Act 1978
18. Claiming Finance Costs and Interest
19. Set Off and Abatement
20. Provisions Excluding or Limiting Liability
22. Specific Performance
25. Dispute Resolution
This series provides detailed and practical guidance to the legal framework of the construction industry. Whether explaining contract forms, advising on procedure, or guiding through disputes, highly experienced lawyers share their insights in order to help readers with the key aspects of any construction project. Engineers, architects, project managers, academics and lawyers in this field will all find these books a great help with issues that they face on a daily basis.