This new volume, Research Methodologies and Practical Applications of Chemistry, presents a detailed analysis of current experimental and theoretical approaches surrounding chemical science. With an emphasis on multidisciplinary as well as interdisciplinary applications, the book extensively reviews fundamental principles and presents recent research to help show logical connections between the theory and application of modern chemistry concepts. It also emphasizes the behavior of materials from the molecular point of view.
The burgeoning field of chemistry and chemical science has led to many recent technological innovations and discoveries. Understanding the impact of these technologies on business, science, and industry is an important first step in developing applications for a variety of settings and contexts. The aim of this book is to present research that has transformed this discipline and aided its advancement. The book examines the strengths and future potential of chemical technologies in a variety of industries.
Table of Contents
1. Some Remarks About Pseudo-Zero Order Reactions
2. On Classical and Quantum Entropy/Information Descriptors of Molecular Electronic States
Roman F. Nalewajski
3. Nonadditive Entropic Criteria for Density Partitioning and Phase Equilibria
Roman F. Nalewajski
4. Effect of Chemical Reactions on Pressure Fluctuations in the Combustion Chamber
A. V. Aliev and O. A. Voevodina
5. Correlation and Justification of the Formation of Some Ionic Solids in Nature from the Natural Sources of the Atoms and Ions and in Terms of Their Computed Lattice Energies
Sarmistha Basu and Nazmul Islam
6. Phthalonitrile Derivatives Containing Different Heterocyclic Groups as New Corrosion Inhibitors for Iron(110) Surface
Ebru Yabaş et al.
7. Formulation of Cellulose Acetate Membranes Incorporation with Marjoram and Pelargonium Essential Oils: Evaluation of Antimicrobial and Antioxidant Activities
T. M. Tamer et al.
8. A Promising Future of a Chem Discovery Approach: Cheminformatics Emerging Technology
9. The Chemistry of Non-Aqueous Solvents: Reactions and Characteristics
10. Features of Selective Sorption of Lanthanum from Solution, Which Contains Ions of Lanthanum and Cerium, by Intergel System Hydrogel of Polymethacrylic Acid – Hydrogel of Poly-2-Methyl-5-inylpyridine
T. K. Jumadilov and R. G. Kondaurov
11. Synthesis and Properties of Gallic Acid Grafted Phloroglucinol/Formaldehyde Composite
Amjad Mumtaz Khan and Yahiya Kadaf Manea
12. Cyclometalated Ligands and Its Ir(III) Complexes as Efficient Luminescence Materials for OLEDs Application
Meha J Prajapati, and Kiran R. Surati
13. Facile Synthesis of Some Triazine-Based Chalcones as Potential Antioxidant and Antidiabetic Agents
Ravindra S. Shnide
14. Fundamentals of Discharge Plasmas
Prijil Mathew et al.
15. Investigation of Wood Surfaces Modification by Radio-Frequency Plasma
Igor Novák et al.
Lionello Pogliani, PhD, is a retired Professor of Physical Chemistry. He spent his sabbatical years at the Technical University of Lisbon, Portugal, and at the University of Valencia, Spain. He is presently a part-time teammate at the Physical Chemistry Department of the University of Valencia, Spain.
A. K. Haghi, PhD, served as professor at several universities. He is currently Editor-in-Chief of the International Journal of Chemoinformatics and Chemical Engineering and Polymers Research Journal and on the editorial boards of many international journals. He is also a member of the Canadian Research and Development Center of Sciences and Cultures (CRDCSC), Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
Nazmul Islam, PhD, is now working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Basic Sciences and Humanities at Techno Global-Balurghat (now Techno India-Balurghat), Balurghat, D. Dinajpur, India.