Routledge Handbook of the Tourist Experience
Routledge Handbook of the Tourist Experience offers a comprehensive synthesis of contemporary research on the tourist experience. It draws together multidisciplinary perspectives from leading tourism scholars to explore emergent tourist behaviours and motivations.
This handbook provides up-to-date, critical discussions of established and emergent themes and issues related to the tourist experience from a primarily socio-cultural perspective. It opens with a detailed introduction which lays down the framework used to examine the dynamic parameters of the tourist experience. Organised into five thematic sections, chapters seek to build and enhance knowledge and understanding of the significance and meaning of diverse elements of the tourist experience. Section 1 conceptualises and understands the tourist experience through an exploration of conventional themes such as tourism as authentic and spiritual experience, as well as emerging themes such as tourism as an embodied experience. Section 2 investigates the new, developing tourist demands and motivations, and a growing interest in the travel career. Section 3 considers the significance, motives, practices and experiences of different types of tourists and their roles such as the tourist as photographer. Section 4 discusses the relevance of ‘place’ to the tourist experience by exploring the relationship between tourism and place. The last section, Section 5, scrutinises the role of the tourist in creating their experiences through themes such as ‘transformations in the tourist role’ from passive receiver of experiences to co-creator of experiences, and ‘external mediators in creating tourist experiences'.
This handbook is the first to fill a notable gap in the tourism literature and collate within a single volume critical insights into the diverse elements of the tourist experience today. It will be of key interest to academics and students across the fields of tourism, hospitality management, geography, marketing and consumer behaviour.
Section 1: Dimensions of the Contemporary Tourist Experience
1. Tourism, the Tourist Experience and Postmodernity: Theory, Application and Research
2. Experiencing Tourism: Experiencing Happiness?
Jeroen Nawijn and Wim Strijbosch
3. The Emotional Dimension of the Tourist Experience
4. Building the Orchestra Model of Tourist Experience, Integration and Examples
Philip L. Pearce and Zohre Mohammadi
5. The Inter-Relationship Between Tourist Satisfaction and Tourist Experiences: How Does One Contribute to the Other?
H. Kader Şanlıöz–Özgen and Metin Kozak
6. Evolving Authenticity into the Magical Realm of Fantasy-Based Third-Order Simulacra
7. Tourist Experiences: Liminal, Liminoid or Just Doing Something Different?
8. Finding Flow in the Travel Experience
9. Tourist Experiences as Attention Products
10. Tourist Experience: A Semiotic Perspective
11. Performing Beyond the View: Embodiment and Tourist Experiences
Jillian M. Rickly
12. Tourism: A Spiritual Experience?
Section 2: Tourist Demand and Motivation
13. The Ulysses Factor Revisited: Consolidating the Travel Career Pattern Approach to Tourist Motivation
Philip L. Pearce
14. The Experienced Tourist: Proposing a New Tourist Typology
15. Tourist Motivation: A Critical Overview
Songshan (Sam) Huang
Section 3: Tourist Roles and Experiences
16. Traveller, Tourist and the ‘Lost Art of Travelling’: The Debate Continues
17. Mass Tourism and Personal Experiences
18. Backpacker Tourist Experiences: Temporal, Spatial and Cultural Perspectives
Dallen J. Timothy and Xuan Zhu
19. Volunteer Tourism: ‘It's No Use Going Back to Yesterday, Because I Was a Different Person Then’
20. Feelin’ Groovy: Exploring Slow(ness) in Tourism Experience
21. Ecotourist Experience: Myth or reality?
Stephen Schweinsberg and Louise O’Flynn
22. Is It Just the Music? Understanding the Atmosphere in Festivalgoers’ Experience at British Rock Music Festivals
23. The Film-Induced Tourism Experience
24. Remembrancing, Remembrance Gangs, and Co-opted Encounters: Loading and Reloading Dark Tourism Experiences
25. Frontier Tourism: Transcendence Through Trial
Jennifer H. Frost
26. Creating Wellness Tourism Experiences
Melanie Kay Smith
27. Seeking the Unusual But Sustainable: Scuba Diving Experience
Caglar Bideci and Mujde Bideci
28. Religious Tourism: A Spiritual or Touristic Experience?
Daniel H. Olsen
29. The Contemporary Cruise Tourist Experience
Jo-Anne Lester, Jennifer Holland and Catherine Palmer
30. Key Components of Sport Tourist Experiences
31. Photography and the Tourist Experience: From Cameras to Smartphones
32. Accessible Tourist Experiences
Marcus Hansen and Alan Fyall
Section 4: The Tourist Experience and Place
33. Marketing a Sense of Place to Tourists: A Critical Perspective
Maria Lichrou and Aggelos Panayiotopoulos
34. The Importance of Built Heritage in the English Seaside Experience
35. Island Tourist Experiences
36. Delivering Appealing and Competitive Rural Wine Tourism Experiences
Elisabeth Kastenholz and Bernard Lane
37. Wilderness Tourism: Nature-Based Tourist Experiences in Wild Places
Section 5: Creating and Mediating the Tourist Experience
38. Designing the Tourist Experience: A Marketing Perspective
39. Tourist Experience: A Marketing Perspective
40. Value Co-Creation in Tourism Eco-Systems: Operant and Operand Resources
Nina K. Prebensen and Muzaffer S. Uysal
41. Place-Based Education, Cemetery Visitation and the Tourist Experience
Siow-Kian Tan and Siow-Hooi Tan
42. Service Experiences and Innovation in the Hospitality Industry
Thais González-Torres, Eva Pelechano-Barahona and Fernando E. García- Muiña
43. Tour Guides as Mediators of Commemoration, Education and Holiday Making: The Anthropology of the Dark Tourism Experience in Berlin
44. Experience Design in the Smart Tourism Destination
Barbara Neuhofer and Dimitrios Buhalis