The books in this set, originally published between 1939 and 1991:
- Focus on the concept of virtue, and in particular on the virtue of wisdom or knowledge,
- Study the pilgrimage of the Ancient World in its search for moral truth.
- Discuss the political implication of the spread of science in antiquity.
- Examine the nature of Pre-Socratic thought and the three pluralist responses of Empedocles, Anaxagoras and the early Atomists.
Table of Contents
1. Selected philosophical papers by Ludwig Edelstein (1987) Edited with intro by Leonardo Taran 2. Science and Politics in the Ancient World (1965) Benjamin Farrington 3. Moral Values in the Ancient World (1958) John Ferguson 4. Studies in Presocratic Philosophy Volume 1 (1970) David J. Furley and Reginald E. Allen 5. Studies in Presocratic Philosophy Volume 2 (1975) David J. Furley and Reginald E. Allen 6. Virtue and Knowledge (1991) William J. Prior
Multivolume collection by leading authors in the field