Originally published between 1910 and 1991 the volumes in this set cover a relatively big subject, especially in the UK and in the area of Early Modern History. They:
- Provide coherent introductions to a complex period, with maps in certain volumes adding lucidity
- Include broad coverage of social, political and judicial history
- Cover lesser known battles right through from 1639 to 1660
- Include letters from private collections between Charles I and Royalist commanders and exiles.
Table of Contents
1. Charles Harding Firth The House of Lords during the Civil War 978-0-367-60898-9
2. James S. Hart Justice Upon Petition 978-0-367-60914-6
3. William John Jones Politics and the Bench: the judges and the origins of the English Civil War 978-0-367-60974-0
4. P R Newman Atlas of the English Civil War 978-0-367-61670-0
5. Edited by Charles Alexander Petrie King Charles, Prince Rupert, and the Civil War: from original letters
The authors in this set are renowned historians from both the UK and the USA.