Originally published between 1986 and 1994 the books in this set discuss, analyse and examine:
- Various word formation processes in Japanese and English
- Thematic roles, reflexive binding and case marking
- Complex predicate constructions in Japanese
- the process whereby a modern colloquial style of written Japanese was developed in the context of the overall modernization of Japan.
- Phrase structure in Japanese and English
Table of Contents
1. Nanette Gottlieb Language and the modern state : the reform of written Japanese 978-1-138-39434-6
2. Yoshihisa Kitagawa Subjects in Japanese and English 978-1-138-39367-7
3. Yoko Sugioka Interaction of derivational morphology and syntax in Japanese and English 978-0-367-00174-2
4. Chiharu Uda (Kikuta) Complex predicates in Japanese 978-1-138-39419-3
Multivolume collection by leading authors in the field.