School Leadership for Democratic Education in South Africa explores the democratization and modernization of education in South Africa, analyzing the state of school leadership in South African schools from the time of the new democratic education dispensation in 1994 to the present day.
The book maps out what the future of education in South Africa could look like and explores the most conducive educational environments for change in South African schools. It adopts a critical approach to analyzing leadership and management in the context of school governance, school effectiveness, teacher development, multiculturalism and equity in education. Contributions explore the democratization and modernization of education in South Africa through examining different perspectives, achievements and challenges, and also consider issues around access to technology, language policy and the curriculum along with new literature on selected aspects of leadership.
This book will be of great interest for researchers, scholars, and students in the fields of educational leadership, sociology of education, and teacher education.
- Conceptualizing leadership and school leadership in a democratic South Africa: an evolving leadership perspective
- School leadership and governance
- School effectiveness and improvement in a South African school context
- School leadership and teacher appraisal, performance and professional development in South African schools
- School leadership within a unionized school environment : a structural-Marxist analysis perspective
- School leadership and teacher leadership: the role of distributed leadership towards teacher leaders
- Managing and leading multiculturalism and multilingualism in a democratic school environment LDN Tlale
- School leadership and curriculum management for quality teaching and learning by school management teams
- Managing inclusive schools in South African schools: a transformational leadership perspective
- Leading schools as centers of technological practice
- Legal framework for the status of school leaders in South Africa
- School leadership and learner discipline
- School Leadership and Financial Management
- School leadership and gender
R Mestry & T Makoelle
T. Makhalemele & T.M. Makoelle
P. Naidoo & K. Rasool
P. du Plessis
P du Plessis