Specifically structured around the QCA schemes of work, this book focuses upon developing the science subject knowledge of the reader up to the standards needed for QTS. It provides:
- clear explanations of the major science "concepts" a primary teacher needs to teach the National Curriculum effectively
- illustrations of how this knowledge can be applied in everyday teaching and planning
- direct links within each chapter to the QCA schemes of work
- review questions and discussion points to aid understanding and comprehension.
Table of Contents
1. Exploring Science Ideas 2. Human Biology 3. Plant Biology 4. The Environment 5. DNA and Variation 6. Classifying Chemicals 7. Chemical Properties and Kinetic Theory 8. Chemical Changes and Basic Geology 9. Forces in Key Stage 1 10. Forces in Key Stage 2 11. Light 12. Sound 13. Electricity 14. Energy. Bibliography. Glossary
Linda Gillard is Senior Lecturer in Science Education and is Deputy Principal of Whitelands College at the University of Surrey Roehampton. Linda also delivers very highly rated and over-subscribed supplementary knowledge support courses in science.