The book gives a comprehensive overview of security issues in cyber physical systems by examining and analyzing the vulnerabilities. It also brings current understanding of common web vulnerabilities and its analysis while maintaining awareness and knowledge of contemporary standards, practices, procedures and methods of Open Web Application Security Project. This book is a medium to funnel creative energy and develop new skills of hacking and analysis of security and expedites the learning of the basics of investigating crimes, including intrusion from the outside and damaging practices from the inside, how criminals apply across devices, networks, and the internet at large and analysis of security data.
- Helps to develop an understanding of how to acquire, prepare, visualize security data.
- Unfolds the unventured sides of the cyber security analytics and helps spread awareness of the new technological boons.
- Focuses on the analysis of latest development, challenges, ways for detection and mitigation of attacks, advanced technologies, and methodologies in this area.
- Designs analytical models to help detect malicious behaviour.
The book provides a complete view of data analytics to the readers which include cyber security issues, analysis, threats, vulnerabilities, novel ideas, analysis of latest techniques and technology, mitigation of threats and attacks along with demonstration of practical applications, and is suitable for a wide-ranging audience from graduates to professionals/practitioners and researchers.
Table of Contents
1. A Reliable Blockchain Application for Music in a Decentralized Network
Bhavna Saini, Gaurav Aggarwal, Anju Yadav, and Kabeer Nautiyal
2. An Authentic Data-Centric Application for Medical Stores
S. L. Jayalakshmi, R. Girija, and R. Vedhapriyavadhana
3. Intelligent Data-Analytic Approach for Restaurant Recommendation
Nirmal Kirola, Sandesh Tripathi, Nitin Chhimwal, and Sudhir Sharma
4. Investigation on Mobile Forensics Tools to Decode Cyber Crime
5. Investigation of Feeding Strategies in Microstrip Patch Antenna for Various Applications
Kannadhasan Suriyan and Nagarajan Ramalingam
6. Optical Encryption of Images Using Partial Pivoting Lower Upper Decomposition Based on Two Structured Deterministic Phase Masks in the Hybrid Transform Domain
Priyanka Maan, Hukum Singh, and A. Charan Kumari
7. A Comparative Analysis of Blockchain Integrated IoT Applications
8. Blockchain: A New Power-Driven Technology for Smart Cities
Shyamal Srivastava and R. Girija
9. Mutual Surf-Scaling Factor Features Analysis for Detecting DDoS Attacks Based on Lattice Behavioral Using Spread Spectral Soft-Max-Recurrent Neural Networks
N. Umamaheshwari and R. Renuga Devi
10. Provably Secure Role Delegation Scheme for Medical Cyber-Physical Systems
Rachana Y. Patil and Aparna Bannore
11. FRAME Routing to Handle Security Attacks in Wireless Sensor Networks
Subramanyam Radha, Bidar Sachin, Seyedali Pourmoafi, and Perattur Nagabushanam
12. A Blockchain Security Management-Based Rehashing Shift Code Rail Encryption Using Circular Shift Round Random Padding Key for Decentralized Cloud Environment
K. Ganga Devi and R. Renuga Devi
13. Application of Exact Barrier-Penalty Function for Developing Privacy Mechanisms in Cyber-Physical Systems
Manas Kumar Yogi and Ardhani Satya Narayana Chakravarthy
Dr. Mehak Khurana is a Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) and has more than 11 years of experience in teaching and research. She is currently working as an Assistant Professor at The NorthCap University, Gurugram. Prior to that, she has worked at HMRITM, GGSIPU. She earned a Ph.D. degree in the field of Information Security and Cryptography. She completed her M. Tech degree with a silver medal in Information Technology from USICT, GGSIPU, Delhi. To better align the department with the industry’s best practices, she introduced and designed courses on Penetration Testing, Secure Coding and Software Vulnerabilities, Web and Mobile Security. She also organized International Conference on Cyber Security and Digital Forensics in 2021 in collaboration with Springer as a Convener. Her specialization is cybersecurity, information security, and cryptography. She has published many papers in various reputed National/International Journals and conferences. She has been a mentor to various B. Tech and M. Tech projects. She has been a resource person in various FDPs, workshops, guest lectures, and chaired the session at various Conferences. She is editing books from the various publishers like Springer, CRC Press, etc. She is serving as a reviewer for many reputed Journals and TPC member for various International Conferences.
She has also been involved in activities to improve the standard of the profession. For that, she has coordinated many events in collaboration with IIT Bombay, IIT Madras, and IIIT Delhi. She successfully organized TEDx 2017 and 2019 as a co-curator. She is leading a few chapters and societies in her current university, Institute of Engineers India (IEI) CSE chapter, Programmers Club, Alumni Sub-committee, and Open Web Application Software Project at the North Cap University, and many more.
She is an active member of various global societies, such as the Open Web Application Software Project (OWASP), Optical Society of America (OSA), Women in Appsec (WIA), Cryptology Research Society of India (CRSI).
Dr. Shilpa Mahajan has more than 14 years of teaching experience at postgraduate and undergraduate levels. She is a committed researcher in the field of sensor networks and has done her Ph.D. in the area of Wireless Sensor Network at Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar. She completed her post-graduation with distinction from Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh. She specializes in Cyber Security, Computer Networks, Data Structures, Operating Systems, and Mobile Computing. She has introduced and designed various courses like Network Security and Cyber Security. Presently two doctoral scholars are pursuing their Ph.D. under his supervision. She has guided various M. Tech and B. Tech Projects. She has published many research papers in peer-reviewed reputed international journals and conferences. She has been a resource person in various FDPs, workshops, guest lectures, and seminars.
She is a CCNA certified instructor and has also done certifications in Data Scientist Tools, Exploratory Data Analysis, and Getting and Cleaning Data from Johns Hopkins University. She is a Lifetime member of ISTE. She is a CISCO-certified training instructor for CCNA modules 1, 2, 3, and 4. She has been appointed Advanced Level Instructor this year. She received an appreciation from Cisco Networking Academy for 5 years’ active participation. She also set up a CISCO Networking Academy and developed a CISCO lab at NCU, Gurgaon in January 2014.