Concepts, Practices, and Applications
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after May 4, 2022
This reference text discusses the various aspects of smart cities and their architecture along with the application of the latest technologies including the Internet of Things (IoT) and artificial intelligence. The concept of smart cities, their development, technological advancements, and issue related to them will be discussed in detail.
It covers important topics including energy utilities and the role of renewable energy for sustainable development, intelligent transport systems, and traffic management, sewage and waste management, the impact of smart city development on social and economic aspects, flexible communication technologies utilized in the development of smart cities, e-governance challenges and implementation in smart cities.
- Discusses basic architecture of the smart city and its development concept.
- Covers application of Internet of Things (IoT) and artificial intelligence in the development of smart cities.
- Examines the impact of smart city development on social and economic aspects.
- Discusses comprehensively intelligent transport systems and traffic management.
The text will be useful for senior undergraduate, graduate students, and professionals in diverse areas such as electrical engineering, electronics and communication engineering, computer science, and civil engineering.
Table of Contents
1. Smart Cities: A Step towards Sustainable Development. 2. A Smart City Analytical Framework: Evidence from Vietnam. 3. The Contribution of Games in the Design of Smart Cities: A Look at Brazilian Slums. 4. An IoT Based Framework Towards a Feasible Safe and Smart City Using Drone Surveillance. 5. An End-to-End Framework for Dynamic Crime Profiling of Places. 6. Intelligent Transport Systems and Traffic Management. 7. Application of IoT and AI in the Development of Smart Cities. 8. Flood Management Policies in Megacities: A Case Study of Southern India. 9. Maintenance Methodologies Embraced by O&M Department for Track Geometry at Kochi Metro Rail Limited, India: A Case Study. 10. Smart Lights for Smart City. 11. Flexible Communication Technologies Utilized in Developing Smart Cities. 12. Sewage Management: Sources, Effects and Treatment Technologies. 13. Fabrication of Mullite Ceramic by Using Industrial Waste. 14. Futuristic Approach to Energy in Smart Cities.
Krishna Kumar is presently working as a Research and Development Engineer at UJVN Ltd. Before joining UJVNL.
Gaurav Saini is presently working as Assistant Professor at the Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur, India.
Duc Manh Nguyen is presently working as a Researcher Engineer at G2touch, South Korea.
Narendra Kumar is presently working as Assistant Professor, Department of Information Technology, DIT University, Dehradun, India.
Rachna Shah is presently working as a Scientist at the National Informatics Centre, Govt. of India.