Gain the unique approach to enhance relapse prevention in harmful behavior treatment
Social Responsibility Therapy for Adolescents and Young Adults: A Multicultural Treatment Manual for Harmful Behavior is a crucial treatment manual that can be used by mental health professionals whose caseload includes a multicultural population of adolescents and young adults who exhibit multiple forms of harmful behavior. This unique therapy enhances relapse prevention in harmful behavior treatment by addressing the target behavior problem, negative social influence problem, and dose-response problem, along with acknowledging that harmful behavior is multicultural and addressing the key criticisms of multicultural therapy through a theory-driven treatment approach that utilizes methods and procedures from existing evidence-based treatments with known multicultural applications.
Social Responsibility Therapy for Adolescents and Young Adults: A Multicultural Treatment Manual for Harmful Behavior provides a comprehensive explanation of Social Responsibility Therapy, its advantages, and the intervention evidence-base for multiple forms of harmful behavior. This text discusses in detail the multicultural intervention approach, its rationale, and content. Implementation methods and treatment protocol are explored. The book includes illustrated case studies, tables, figures, and references to additional available readings.
Topics discussed in Social Responsibility Therapy for Adolescents and Young Adults: A Multicultural Treatment Manual for Harmful Behavior include:
- evidence-based procedures used in Structured Discovery learning experiences to target harmful behavior
- helping clients discover how they acquired, maintained, and generalized a broad range of harmful behavior
- addressing target behavior problems, negative social influence problems, and the dose-response problem
- five areas of human functioning that are critical to the wellbeing of self and others which can only be addressed through psychotherapy and forensic parenting
- developing prosocial behavior alternatives which contribute to both relapse prevention and personal development
- and much more!
Table of Contents
Social Responsibility Therapy Overview, Intervention Evidence Base and Multicultural Approach. Client Awareness Training: The Problem Development Triad. Social Responsibility Therapy Implementation Methods and Treatment Protocol. Research Support for Social Responsibility Therapy Methods and Procedures. Notes. References.