Social and Emotional Curriculum for Gifted Students Grade 3, Project-Based Learning Lessons That Build Critical Thinking, Emotional Intelligence, and Social Skills
The Social and Emotional Curriculum for Gifted Students series provides the gifted resource specialist, regular classroom teacher, or counselor with the tools they need to help gifted students in grades 3-5 develop interpersonal skills, reflect on their often intense emotions, and express their creativity. The grade 3 book:
- Contains five units and more than 50 hours of instruction.
- Shares helpful directions for implementing lessons and connecting content across the curriculum.
- Addresses psychosocial skills.
- Features critical thinking activities, hands-on building and design, reading, writing, creativity, and math and science connections.
- Covers relevant topics, including resilience, growth mindset, perfectionism, empathy, self-understanding and identity, friendship, and what it means to be gifted.
Each classroom-tested lesson addresses one or more affective standards from the National Association for Gifted Children, psychosocial development areas for gifted learners, and academic standards.