This book describes different mathematical modeling and soft computing techniques used to solve practical engineering problems. It gives an overview of the current state of soft computing techniques and describes the advantages and disadvantages of soft computing compared to traditional hard computing techniques. Through examples and case studies, the editors demonstrate and describe how problems with inherent uncertainty can be addressed and eventually solved through the aid of numerical models and methods. The chapters address several applications and examples in bioengineering science, drug delivery, solving inventory issues, Industry 4.0, augmented reality and weather forecasting. Other examples include solving fuzzy-shortest-path problems by introducing a new distance and ranking functions. Because, in practice, problems arise with uncertain data and most of them cannot be solved exactly and easily, the main objective is to develop models that deliver solutions with the aid of numerical methods. This is the reason behind investigating soft numerical computing in dynamic systems. Having this in mind, the authors and editors have considered error of approximation and have discussed several common types of errors and their propagations. Moreover, they have explained the numerical methods, along with convergence and consistence properties and characteristics, as the main objectives behind this book involve considering, discussing and proving related theorems within the setting of soft computing. This book examines dynamic models, and how time is fundamental to the structure of the model and data as well as the understanding of how a process unfolds
• Discusses mathematical modeling with soft computing and the implementations of uncertain mathematical models
• Examines how uncertain dynamic systems models include uncertain state, uncertain state space and uncertain state’s transition functions
• Assists readers to become familiar with many soft numerical methods to simulate the solution function’s behavior
This book is intended for system specialists who are interested in dynamic systems that operate at different time scales. The book can be used by engineering students, researchers and professionals in control and finite element fields as well as all engineering, applied mathematics, economics and computer science interested in dynamic and uncertain systems.
Ali Ahmadian is a Senior Lecturer at the Institute of IR 4.0, The National University of Malaysia.
Soheil Salahshour is an associate professor at Bahcesehir University.
Table of Contents
1. Soft Computing Techniques: An Overview
Morteza Pakdaman, Ali Ahmadian, Soheil Salahshour
2. Applications of Fuzzy Fractional Differential Equations in Medicine
T. Allahviranloo, M. Keshavarz
3. Industrial Internet of Things and Industry 4.0
Suchitra Kumari, Arijit Ghosh, Sankar Prasad Mondal, Ali Ahmadian, Soheil Salahshour
4. Industry 4.0 and its practice in terms of fuzzy uncertain environment
Arijit Ghosh, Suchitra Kumari, Sankar Prasad Mondal, Ali Ahmadian
5. Consistency of Aggregation Function-Based m-Polar Fuzzy Digraphs in Group Decision Making
Azadeh Zahedi Khameneh, Adem Kilicman, Fadzilah Md Ali
6. Path programming problems in fuzzy environment
Madineh Farnam, Majid darehmiraki
7. Weather forecast and climate prediction using soft computing methods
Morteza Pakdaman, Yashar Falamarzi
8. Color Descriptor for Mobile Augmented Reality
Siok Yee Tan, Haslina Arshad
9. Cryptosystem for Meshed 3D through Cellular Automata
R. Sulaiman, M.A. Al-Jabbar, A. Ahmadian, A. M. A. Abdalla
10. Evolutionary Computing and Swarm Intelligence for Hyper Parameters Optimization Problem in Convolutional Neural Networks
Senthil kumar Mohan, John A, Ananth kumar Tamilarasan
11. New Approach for Efficiently Computing Factors of the RSA Modulus
Muhammad Rezal Kamel Ariffin, Amir Hamzah Abd Ghafar Ghafar, Wan Nur Aqlili Wan Mohd Ruzai, Nurul Nur Hanisah Adenan
12. Vision based Efficient Collision Avoidance Model Using Distance Measurement
A F M Saifuddin Saif, Zainal Rasyid Mahayuddin, Haslina Arshad
Ali Ahmadian is visiting Assistant Professor at Mediterranea University of Reggio Calabria and Senior Fellow Researcher at Institute of IR 4.0, The National University of Malaysia.
Soheil Salahshour is an Associate Professor at Bahcesehir University.