Concepts & Practices
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after February 13, 2023
Prices & shipping based on shipping country
Software Security: Concepts & Practices is designed as a textbook and explores fundamental security theories that govern common software security technical issues. It focuses on the practical programming materials that will teach readers how to implement security solutions using the most popular software packages. It’s not limited to any specific cybersecurity subtopics and the chapters touch upon a wide range of cybersecurity domains, ranging from malware to biometrics and more.
- The book presents the implementation of a unique socio-technical solution for real-time cybersecurity awareness.
- It provides comprehensible knowledge about security, risk, protection, estimation, knowledge and governance.
- Various emerging standards, models, metrics, continuous updates and tools are described to understand security principals and mitigation mechanism for higher security.
- The book also explores common vulnerabilities plaguing today's web applications.
The book is aimed primarily at advanced undergraduates and graduates studying computer science, artificial intelligence and information technology. Researchers and professionals will also find this book useful.
Table of Contents
1. Software And Security Concepts. 2. Software Security Problems. 3. Threats To Security . 4. Software Security Metrics. 5. Software Security Estimation. 6. Secure Software Architecture. 7. Software Security Assurance. 8. Secure Software Development Process. 9. Software Security Testing. 10. Implementing Security Testing: A Case Study. 11. Implementing Security: A Case Study. 12. Knowledge, Management And Governance For Higher Security. 13. Research Trends In Software Security Estimation.
Suhel Ahmad Khan is currently working as Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science, Indira Gandhi National Tribal University (A Central University), Amarkantak, Madhya Pradesh, India. He has 10 years of teaching and research experience. His areas of interest are Software Engineering, Software Security, Security Testing, Cyber Security, and Network Security. He has completed one major research project with PI funded by UGC, New Delhi, India. He has published numerous papers in international journals and conferences including IEEE, Elsevier, IGI Global, and Springer, etc. He is an active member of various professional bodies such as IAENG, ISOC-USA, IACSIT, and UACEE.
Rajeev Kumar is currently working as Assistant Professor in the Center for Innovation and Technology, Administrative Staff College of India, Hyderabad. He is a young and energetic researcher and has worked on two major projects (with PI) funded by University Grants Commission, New Delhi, India and Council of Science & Technology, Uttar Pradesh (CST-UP), India. He has more than 5 years of research and teaching experience. He has published numerous papers in international journals and conferences including IEEE, Elsevier, IGI Global, Springer, etc. His research interests are in the different areas of Security Engineering and Computational Techniques.
Raees Ahmad Khan (Member, IEEE, ACM, CSI, etc.) is currently working as Professor and Head of the Department in the Department of Information Technology, Dean of School for Information Science and Technology, Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University, (A Central University), Vidya Vihar, Raebareli Road, Lucknow, India. He has more than 20 years of teaching &and research experience. He has published more than 300 research publications with good impact factors in reputed international journals and conferences including IEEE, Springer, Elsevier, Inderscience, Hindawi, and IGI Global, etc. He has published a number of national and international books (authored and edited) (including Chinese language). His research interests are in the different areas of Security Engineering and Computational Techniques.