This sourcebook has a range of material for both assessment and therapy, including for those individuals who have profound neurological impairments, resulting in limited motor control, or who can only communicate via eye pointing.
The sections are:
- Oromotor skills: an initial oromotor assessment; exercises in a clear format, with illustrations, to enable clients to work independently or with carers, with recording sheets.
- Voice and breathing: assessment and exercise sheets, including relaxation, voice, breathing, intonation, resonance and pitch, with illustrations and diagrams.
- Articulation sheets: Speech sounds, including consonant clusters, multi-syllabic words and tongue twisters.
- Assessment of communication skills: a range of language assessments and screens.
- Communication questionnaire and handouts: a personal communication history, handouts to raise client awareness of difficulties, together with a large number of handouts for both clients and carers in relation to a wide range of communication disorders, including strategies and tips.
- AAC: a screening tool; coloured and printable 'yes/no' cards and an extensive range of alphabet charts for both direct and indirect access.