An unrivalled survey on the countries and territories of this immense region.
* Over 900 pages of in-depth analysis, up-to-date statistics and invalauble directory details
* Includes contributions from acknowledged authorities who examine topics of regional importance.
* Issues of regional importance are examined by acknowledged authorities of the area, subjects covered include: General Issues in Latin American Economies; Combating Money-Laundering in the Caribbean; Building New Relations in North America; Terrorism and the War Against Drugs and Indigenous People in Latin America in the 21st Century.
* Individual chapters on each country containing: articles on geography, recent history and economy; an economic and demographic survey using all the latest available statistics on population, agriculture, industry, finance, trade, transport, tourism, and education; directory sections with names, addresses and contact numbers covering the constitution, government, legislature, judiciary, political organizations, diplomatic representation, religious groups, the media, finance, trade and industry, and tourism
* New for this edition: expanded coverage of The Caribbean Islands.
* Detailed information on the following: regional organizations; major commodities; research institutes; a select periodicals bibliography and a select books bibliography.
'This is a magnificent compilation of timely information on an area of the world for which reliable data is often in short supply.' - American Reference Book Annual
'The range and authority of the facts and statistics provided are without equal within a single publication.' - Reference Reviews