Now in its fourth edition, South Asia 2007 provides an in-depth library of information on the countries and territories of the region.
Exhaustively researched by Europa's experienced editorial team, this title includes a vast range of up-to-date economic, political and statistical data. Combining impartial analysis with facts and figures, South Asia 2007 provides a unique overall perspective on this increasingly important region.
The book is divided into three sections:
* This contains introductory essays by key specialists providing impartial coverage of issues of regional importance including security and religion. Essays topics include: Globalizations issues in South Asia; Corruption; Environmental issues; Security in the region and Religions in South Asia
* Detailed coverage of the eight countries of South Asia: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, The Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka
* Up-to-date statistical surveys including the latest available figures on population and area, agriculture, industry, trade, transport, communications, media and education
* A directory section of essential contact names, postal addresses and e-mail and internet addresses.
* A biographical section profiling prominent figures in the South Asian region
* Directory details of research institutes studying the area and a select book and periodicals bibliography.