Exhaustively researched and updated, South Asia 2013 is an in-depth library of information on the countries and territories of this vast world region.
New for 2013:
- a new essay examining the vital issue of Water Politics in the region
- coverage of recent events in the region, including the phased handover of security responsibility to the domestic security forces in Afghanistan and the turbulent political transformation in the Maldives.
Essays by specialists examine issues of regional importance, including: The USA's AfPak Strategy; Forced Migration in South Asia; India as an Emerging Superpower; and Political Islam in South Asia.
Individual chapters on each country, containing:
- essays on the geography, recent history and economy of each country
- up-to-date statistical surveys of economic and social indicators
- a comprehensive directory providing contact details for the most significant political and commercial institutions.
In addition, there are separate sections covering each of the states and territories of India.
- detailed information on selected organizations, research institutes and prominent individuals active in the region
- bibliographies of relevant books and periodicals