UK construction shows its underlying strength. Tender prices have risen strongly since last year’s book was compiled -- increasing by around 8%, and at an annualised rate of close to 10% in the last half year.
Spon’s Architects’ and Builders’ Price Book 2017, compiled by AECOM, still provides the most accurate, detailed and professionally relevant construction price information for the UK. Its unique Tender Index, updated through the year, gives an ongoing reality check and allows you to adjust for changing market conditions. Although it suits a wide range of project sizes, this is the only price book which sets out a detailed cost base for contracts exceeding £4,000,000 in value.
Use the access code inside the front cover of the book to get set up with internet access to this 2017 edition until the end of December 2017. We now provide a VitalSource® ebook, giving a versatile and powerful online data viewing package.
Major changes have been made to this 142nd edition:
- Major revision and simplification has been made to the in situ concrete section, and plasterboard linings and partitions sections have been heavily revised and developed.
- New Cost Models are included: a laboratory, a car park and an updated London Office.
- More plant prices have been separated out in the measured works section.
As well as an overhaul of prices, several new items have been added, including:
- Foamglas insulation
- Carlite waterproof concrete
- and an expanded range of stone flooring
… along with the standard features you have come to expect from Spon's A&B:
- 20,000 prices for the most frequently specified items, the majority with labour constants and detailed build-ups.
- Hundreds of alternative materials prices for the more unusual items.
- Detailed guidance on wage rates, daywork, cost limits and allowances, property insurance and professional fees, plus useful formulae, design criteria and trade association addresses.
- Updated, free of charge, two or three times a year – see inside for registration details. Updates are available online at www.pricebooks.co.uk
Table of Contents
PART 1: GENERAL, PART 2: RATES OF WAGES AND LABOUR, PART 3: APPROXIMATE ESTIMATING, PART 4: PRICES FOR MEASURED WORKS, PART 5: FEES FOR PROFESSIONAL SERVICES, PART 6: DAYWORK AND PRIME COST, PART 7: USEFUL ADDRESSES