SPON’S ARCHITECTS’ AND BUILDERS’ PRICE BOOK 2020, compiled by AECOM, still provides the most accurate, detailed and professionally relevant construction price information for the UK. Its unique Tender Index, updated through the year (2015 = 100), gives an ongoing reality check and allows you to adjust for changing market conditions. Although it suits a wide range of project sizes, this is the only price book which sets out a detailed cost base for contracts exceeding £4,000,000 in value.
Use the access code inside the front cover of the book to get set up with an ebook of this 2020 edition on the VitalSource® Bookshelf platform, available for access and use until the end of December 2020.
As well as an overhaul of prices, several new items have been added, including:
- a mental health cost model
- a primary health care cost model
- expanded ranges of entrance matwells and of Forticrete blocks
… along with the standard features you have come to expect from SPON’S ARCHITECTS’ AND BUILDERS’ PRICE BOOK:
- 20,000 prices for the most frequently specified items, the majority with labour constants and detailed build-ups
- Hundreds of alternative materials prices for the more unusual items
- Detailed guidance on wage rates, daywork, cost limits and allowances, property insurance and professional fees, plus useful formulae, design criteria and trade association addresses
- Updates, free of charge, twice a year – see inside for registration details. Updates are available online at www.pricebooks.co.uk
Table of Contents
1. General 2. Rates of Wages and Labour 3. Approximate Estimating 4. Prices for Measured Works 5. Fees for Professional Services 6. Daywork and Prime Cost 7. Useful Addresses for Further information 8. Tables and Memoranda
AECOM is one of the world’s largest infrastructure design firms.