SPON'S CIVIL ENGINEERING AND HIGHWAY WORKS PRICE BOOK 2016 from AECOM gives costs for both general and civil engineering works and highway works. It is essential for engineering projects which do not follow a tradition cost break down and is structured for the industry – essential in the volatile and high cost infrastructure market. It provides a full breakdown of labour, plant and material elements, with labour rates updated in line with the latest CIJC wage agreement. It is an essential component of infrastructure estimating maturity, benchmarking and cost intelligence and gives sound guidance for estimators, contractors and clients.
This 30th edition incorporates a comprehensive review throughout:
- Formatted in accordance with CESSM4 for civils works and MMHW for highways works.
- previously separated supply and installation rates for rail items are now combined to give all-in rates.
- All rates are based on verified industry costs to reflect current price levels.
- Serves as a good tool for estimating completeness and robustness, but also looks at the nitty gritty behind the big figures in the estimate.
- Works to provide a checklist of all construction items when preparing cost estimates or bills of quantities.
- Ideal for quick benchmarking when delivering early cost advice for your projects throughout the design stages and then as a cost control tool during post contract works.
Use the access code inside the front cover of the book to get set up with internet access to this 2016 edition until the end of December 2016. We now provide SPON’S Online, a versatile and powerful online data viewing package -- online or offline on your PC/Mac, smartphone or tablet. You can browse and search the content across all the price books you own, make notes and highlights and share these notes with other users.
In a time when it is essential to gain 'competitive advantage' in a congested market, this price book provides instant-access cost information and forms a one-stop reference.
… along with the standard features you have come to expect from SPON'S CIVIL ENGINEERING AND HIGHWAY WORKS PRICE BOOK:
- for budgeting: estimating principles, on-cost advice, method-related charges
- for resource costings: labour costs, plant costs, material prices
- for rapid cost information: approximate estimates, dayworks, cost indices
- for plant and labour allowances: production rates, outputs, man hour constants
- for detailed pricing: unit costs with full breakdown, or specialist prices, with advice on item coverage, waste allowances and comparative costs
- for incidental advice: tables and formulae, technical information, professional advice
- updated, free of charge, two or three times a year – see inside for registration details. Updates are available online at www.pricebooks.co.uk
Other titles in the SPON'S Price Book Series:
SPON'S EXTERNAL WORKS AND LANDSCAPE PRICE BOOK 2016
SPON'S ARCHITECTS’ AND BUILDERS’ PRICE BOOK 2016
SPON'S MECHANICAL AND ELECTRICAL SERVICES PRICE BOOK 2016