Highly practical and engaging, Sports Marketing equips students with the skills, techniques, and tools they need to be successful marketers in any sporting environment.
The book combines scholarly theory with the perspectives of those who have been actively involved in the sports business. A worldwide range of examples from all levels of sports, as well as insider expertise, strongly ties classroom learning to real-world practice, and assures students that the theory is relevant. New material includes:
• Expanded coverage of marketing analytics and the use of market-driven tactics showing students how to strengthen customer relationships and maximize profits
• Greater attention to the impact of new technologies on customer relationships, such as social media, content marketing, ticketing strategies, and eSports, ensuring students are exposed to the latest advancements in marketing for sports
• A stronger global focus throughout the book, including several new cases from outside the U.S., as well as coverage of international sporting organizations, such as FIFA and the ever popular English Premier League
• Six new "You Make the Call" short cases to offer opportunities for analysis and decision making in sectors of sports marketing including sports media, experiential events, and eSports
These popular "You Make the Call" cases and review questions stimulate lively classroom discussion, while chapter summaries and a glossary further support learning. Sports Marketing will give students of sports marketing and management a firm grasp of the ins and outs of working in sports.
Table of Contents
1. Sports Meets Marketing
2. Sports Entertainment Consumption
3. The Marketing Environment
4. Segmenting Audiences for Sports
5. Building a Relevant Brand
6. Product Strategy
7. Experiential Marketing
8. Brand Communications Strategy
9. Brand Communications Campaigns
10. Communications Channels
11. Sponsorship-Linked Marketing
12. Measuring Sports Brand Performance
13. Delivery of Sports Experiences
14. Preparing Future Sports Marketers
Michael J. Fetchko is President and Managing Director of ISM USA, a full-service marketing agency, as well as Co-director of the Pittsburgh Center for Sports Media and Marketing at Point Park University, USA.
Donald P. Roy is Professor of Marketing at Middle Tennessee State University, USA.
Kenneth E. Clow is a Professor of Marketing and holder of the Biedenharn Endowed Chair of Business in the College of Business Administration at University of Louisiana—Monroe, USA.