Spotlight on Language offers teachers a wide variety of topics and activities to stimulate, engage, challenge, entertain and extend all pupils’ language skills.
This extremely practical resource provides busy teachers and teaching assistants with a collection of worksheets that can be used as instant, educationally appropriate learning activities written specifically with the inclusive classroom in mind.
All the books in this series:
- Promote effective intervention and inclusion strategies for teachers and teaching assistants
- Provide materials that are solidly grounded in an understanding of how children learn and the particular difficulties of children with special needs.
- Stimulate discussion and interaction
- Can be used as part of an individual or small group learning programme for a child with special needs
- Provide 'whole class' materials that can also engage older children or those with a higher level of achievement
- Offer teachers quick, fun activities that never require additional resources, special materials or preparation.
Spotlight on Language is an essential tool for any teacher striving to offer every pupil opportunities to maximise their own potential and develop strong language skills.
Table of Contents
@contents:Selected Contents: 1. Introduction 2. Learning About Words 3. Comprehension 4. Communication 5. Language & Thinking 6. Phonological Awareness
Glynis Hannell was a classroom and special education teacher before becoming an educational psychologist in private practice, and a lecturer in educational psychology at the University of South Australia.
‘These books would be a valuable asset to any classroom, especially if the children in your class have a broad range of abilities. It really helps, in a user-friendly way, to differentiate the same task , making the work fully inclusive to the whole class.’
- Reviewed by Tabitha Smith, G&T Coordinator in Literacy Time Plus