© 2010 – Routledge (Textbook (Premium) (DRM-Protected))
• Statistical Methods: A Worktext Approach uses a student-friendly, conversational tone to explain core statistical concepts in a way that students can readily understand.
• After concepts and skills are introduced and demonstrated, students are given a hands-on opportunity to work with the concepts and practice their newly acquired skills with Your Turn exercises.
• Each chapter begins with a careful explanation of the statistical concepts relevant to that chapter. Following the explanation of concepts are examples that illustrate their applications.
• Boxes containing helpful pointers for students are included in the chapters. These are often mnemonics for remembering concepts and precautions warning against common mistakes.
• Statistical terms are in boldfaced type and italicized. They are defined in the text and also appear in the glossary in Appendix A.
• An extensive instructor’s guide provides answers to the exercises.
Chapter 1: Introduction to Statistics
Chapter 2: Organizing Data Using Tables and Graphs
Chapter 3: Measures of Central Tendency
Chapter 4: Measures of Variability
Chapter 5: z-Scores and Other Standard Scores
Chapter 6: Probability and the Normal Distribution
Chapter 7: Sampling Distribution of Means
Chapter 8: Hypothesis Testing
Chapter 9: One-Sample t Test
Chapter 10: Two-Sample t Test: Independent Samples Design
Chapter 11: Two-Sample t Test: Related Samples Design
Chapter 12: Confidence Interval versus Point Estimation
Chapter 13: One-Way Analysis of Variance
Chapter 14: Correlation and Regression
Chapter 15: Chi-Square
Appendix A: Glossary of Statistical Terms
Appendix B: Glossary of Statistical Formulas
Table 1: Table of the Normal Distribution Curve
Table 2: Critical Values of the t-Distribution
Table 3: Critical Values of F for the .05 Level
Table 4: Critical Values of F for the .01 Level
To gain access to the instructor resources for this title, please visit the Instructor Resources Download Hub.
You will be prompted to fill out a registration form which will be verified by one of our sales reps.