Stats Means Business is an introductory textbook written for Business, Hospitality and Tourism students who take modules on Statistics or Quantitative research methods.
Recognizing that most users of this book will have limited if any grounding in the subject, this book minimizes technical language, provides clear definition of key terms, and gives emphasis to interpretation rather than technique. Stats Means Business enables readers to:
- appreciate the importance of statistical analysis in business, hospitality and tourism
- understand statistical techniques and develop judgement in the selection of appropriate statistical techniques
- interpret the results of statistical analysis.
This new edition includes extra content related to Hospitality and Tourism courses, an extension of the interpretation of correlation analysis and a new section on how to design questionnaires.
- an introductory text and an accessible approach to a difficult subject, Stats Means Business assumes no prior knowledge of statistics and therefore won’t intimidate students
- techniques are explained and demonstrated using worked examples and real life applications of theory. Guidance is also given on using EXCEL, Minitab and SPSS
- a companion website for lecturers and students which includes PowerPoint slides, lesson plans, Minitab and SPSS recipe cards and review questions and solutions to aid teaching and learning .
Table of Contents
1. Starting Up 2. Presenting Data 3. Summarizing Univariate Data 4. Summarizing Bivariate Data 5. Assessing Risk 6. Putting Probability to Work 7. Modelling Populations 8. Statistical Decision Making 9. Statistical Decision Making Using Bivariate Data 10. Managing Statistical Research
Lecturers can use this page to gain access to the free supplementary resources.
If you do not have a password yet, please complete the simple form and we will be in touch.
Please note: This website's content has been acquired from Elsevier by Taylor & Francis. If your username and/or password no longer works, please re-register and we will supply you with a new one.
Download these free resources to help you in your studies.
Minitab Recipe Cards