This book is the story of how four busy executives, from different backgrounds and perspectives, were surprised to find themselves converging on the idea of narrative as a valuable lens for understanding and managing organizations.
The authors describe the power of narrative and storytelling in their own experience working on knowledge management, change management, and innovation strategies in organizations such as Xerox, the World Bank, and IBM. Storytelling in Organizations lays out for the first time why narrative and storytelling should be part of the mainstream of organizational and management thinking.
1. How We Got into Storytelling
2. Storytelling in Organizations: Larry Prusak
3. Narrative as a Knowledge Medium: John Seely Brown
4. Storytelling to Ignite Change: Steve Denning
5. Storytelling in Making Educational Videos: Katalina Groh
6. The Prospects for Narrative and Storytelling: Steve Denning