Strategic Management During a Pandemic
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after August 27, 2021
The COVID-19 pandemic changed world dynamics, working scenarios, as well as professional and emotional dimensions. The virus has emerged as a significant threat for the continuity of business. Keeping the gravity of the problem in mind, companies must understand the need for change and must now update their strategy to account for pandemics.
The next pandemic may be more severe than the current one, meaning that organizations need to devise mechanisms and business models to fight with these situations and maintain the business continuity. They should not only look forward to saving plants, machinery and infrastructure, but also concentrate on employee welfare, customer engagement and satisfaction during this crisis time. The book will not only present the evidence of various effective solutions to run a business in the time of a pandemic, but will also put forward the new models and practices of business being followed by people at the time of crisis. It aims to create a bridge between existing business models and proposed business solutions, focusing on existing theories and most importantly case studies from the recent happenings.
This rich collection of chapters will provide insights regarding the business challenges, opportunities, and practices during the pandemic situations like COVID-19, making it particularly valuable to researchers, academics, and students in the fields of strategic management, leadership and disaster management.
Table of Contents
Foreword by Prof. K K Aggarwal
Foreword by Prof. Viju P. Devassy
1. Precursor to Lockdown Economies
Prabhat Pankaj, Varun Chotia, Vranda Jain, Tavishi Tewary
2. Global Economy and Business Strategies during Pandemic: A Multi-Country Analysis
Ravinder Rena, Ifeanyi Mbukanma
3. Business Diplomacy and Lobbying during Pandemic
Faisal Ahmed, Hardik Gupta
4. To Control or To Delegate? Effective Leadership in Challenging Times
Eko Liao, Amy Yamei Wang, Cheryl Qianry Zhang
5. Managing Efficiency and Effectiveness in "New Normal" Work Environment
6. Managing Customer Relationships During Uncertainty: A Case of B2B Firms
7. Manufacturing vs Services: The Pandemic Impact
Archana Choudhary, Manoj Gour Chintaluri
8. Government Policies During Pandemic: Indonesian vs Sri Lankan Perspective
Hotniar Siringoringo, Ravindra Hewa Kruppuge
9. Bailouts and Government Support During Pandemic
Mohit Rewari, Vibha Kalra
10. Triple Bottom Line During Pandemic
Akanksha Jain, Priyam Mendiratta, Smita Kashiramka
11. Online Learning Trends During the Pandemic: Case of Service Sector Professionals
Arunava Dalal, Ajay Kumar Ganguly, Subrata Chattopadhyay
12. Global Impact of COVID 19 on the Manufacturing Industry and Supply Chain Management: An Indian Perspective
Pravin Kumar, Anu Gupta
Vikas Kumar is a Professor at Chaudhary Bansi Lal University, Bhiwani, India.
Gaurav Gupta is an Assistant Professor of Marketing at Christ (Deemed to be University), NCR, India.