Strategic Survey 2011
The Annual Review of World Affairs
- This format is currently out of stock.
The Strategic Survey is the annual review of world affairs from The International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS). It is an invaluable tool for interpreting world-wide strategic developments and has, since 1966, provided essential analysis of the year’s key events in international relations for government policy makers, journalists, business leaders and academics.
In the year to mid-2011, the pace of history quickened and this year's edition examines events of these last twelve months. Users of Strategic Survey 2011 will benefit from:
- a special chapter on the Arab Awakening, in which protests against autocratic rule spread like wildfire across the Arab world
- coverage of the earthquake and subsequent tsunami that killed thousands in Japan, and triggered the worst nuclear accident for twenty-five years
- commentary on the fallout of the daring raid into Pakistan by American special forces that killed Osama bin Laden, but which sparked fury in Islamabad
- analysis of the provocative military actions of the North Korean regime, China's increasing global influence, and the crisis resulting from high food prices around the world.
Strategic Survey 2011 includes a chronology of the year's events, essays on important policy issues, and a Strategic Geography section giving vital data on key issues - such as extreme weather and European sovereign debt - in map form. The book also includes region-by-region chapters analysing the year's strategic developments.
'Policy-makers, academics, students and interested members of the public will be better informed by reading this authoritative annual.' - Reference Reviews
'Strategic Survey has become a landmark of the think tank landscape: a Handbook for what to worry about for the coming year.' - Bronwen Maddox, Editor of Prospect Magazine