This book is the individual guidebook used to support the six 'Pip and Bunny' storybooks.
This invaluable resource comprises a set of six ‘Pip and Bunny’ picture books with accompanying professional guide and downloadable online content; all carefully written and illustrated to support language and emotional development through reading. By inspiring conversation and fueling the young reader’s imagination the books promote emotional and social literacy.
Designed for use within the Early Years setting or at home, each story explores different areas of social and emotional development. The full set includes:
- Six beautifully illustrated picture books with text and vocabulary for each
- A handbook designed to guide the parent or practitioner in using the books effectively
- ‘Talking Points’ relating to the child’s own world
- ‘What’s the Word?’ picture pages to be photocopied, downloaded or printed
- Detailed suggestions as to how to link with other EYFS areas of learning
The set is designed to be used in both individual and group settings, and at various stages of a child’s development. It will be a valuable resource for teachers, SENCOs ( pre-school and reception), Early Years workers, EOTAs, Educational Psychologists, Counsellors and therapists.
Table of Contents
1. Aims and Learning Outcomes. 2. Target Readers and Users. 3.Using the Handbook: -Rationale -Main focus, summary and text of each book -Four ways to present the material. 4. Six book titles and sequence for reading. 5. Acknowledgements 6. References 7. Resources/additional ideas and stories for each book
Maureen Glynn has 25 years’ experience teaching primary and secondary age children in mainstream, home school and special school settings in the UK and Ireland.