Survey of Arab-Israeli Relations 1947-2001
Impartial documentation and background information fundamental to the understanding of Arab-Israeli relations.
* Covers in detail the years since the first Arab-Israeli war and the statehood of Israel, in 1947-48, to the most recent developments in relations between Israel, the emerging Palestinian political entities and the Arab States
* A chronology provides an at-a-glance record of events from 1947-2001
* A Documents on Palestine section gives essential background to the various ongoing areas of dispute
* Profiles of prominent political figures
* A bibliography section
* A series of maps illustrating the history of Arab-Israeli conflict and recent peace initiatives and settlement issues.
'This book will prove a significant and impartial addition to the body of published material on the subject.' - The Middle East