The second edition of Sustainable Buildings and Infrastructure continues to provide students with an introduction to the principles and practices of sustainability as they apply to the construction sector, including both buildings and infrastructure systems. As a textbook, it is aimed at students taking courses in construction management and the built environment, but it is also designed to be a useful reference for practitioners involved in implementing sustainability in their projects or firms. Case studies, best practices and highlights of cutting edge research are included throughout, making the book both a core reference and a practical guide.
Table of Contents
1. Drivers of Sustainability in the Built Environment
2. History of Sustainability in the Built Environment
3. Sustainability Policies and Programmes
4. Green Rating Systems
5. Project delivery and pre-design sustainability opportunities
6. Sustainable Design Opportunities and Best Practices
7. Sustainable Construction Opportunities and Best Practices
8. Post-Occupancy Sustainability Opportunities and Best Practices
9. The Business Case for Sustainability
10. Trends for the Future of Sustainable Design and Construction
Annie R. Pearce is an Associate Professor in the Building Construction Department of the Myers-Lawson School of Construction at Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA, USA.
Yong Han Ahn is an Assistant Professor in the School of Architecture and Architectural Engineering at Hanyang University, ERICA, Ansan-si, South Korea.