Sustainable Energy Development
A Multi-Criteria Decision Making Approach
- Available for pre-order on June 19, 2023. Item will ship after July 10, 2023
Prices & shipping based on shipping country
This book discusses sustainable energy development, the main path for achieving carbon neutrality, and the use of multi-criteria decision making (MCDM) in assessing energy transition in both operational and socio-political forms. It proposes ways on how to support responsible decision making towards sustainable energy in key areas such as power distribution, household energy, and transportation. The authors have developed frameworks and tools to help choose sustainable energy options like renewable energy technologies, energy efficiency improvements, policies, and how to promote them to different communities. The book includes several case studies focused on the residential housing sector in the European Union.
1. Analyzes the connection between sustainable energy development and the transition towards a carbon neutral society.
2. Compares and discusses advanced multi-criteria decision-making tools to support sustainable energy options.
3. Develops new frameworks of indicators for the assessment of sustainable energy technologies in various energy sectors.
4. Provides policy implications when promoting sustainable energy development.
5. Presents case studies on the applications of multi-criteria tools to support sustainable energy options in transportation and households.
Readers interested in gaining insight into leading trends in energy efficiency and sustainability, such as academics, researchers, graduate students, and professionals interested in sustainable energy and energy producers, city planners, policy makers, etc. will benefit from the topics and frameworks discussed in this book.
Table of Contents
1. Sustainable Energy: Theory and Policy Implication 2. Multi-Criteria Decision Aiding and the Governance of Sustainability 3. Multi-Criteria Decision-Making for Regional and National Planning 4. Multi-Criteria Decision-Making for Sustainable Transport Decision-Making 5. Multi-Criteria Decision-Making for Sustainable Energy Development in Households
Dr. Indre Siksnelyte-Butkiene is a senior researcher at Vilnius University, Kaunas Faculty. She has been conducting scientific research for more than 10 years in the field of sustainable energy development. The main areas of her research are sustainability assessment, multi-criteria decision-making, energy policy. She is co-author of two monographs and more than 40 scientific articles. Dr. Dalia Štreimikiene is a professor at Vilnius University, Kaunas Faculty and Leading Research Associate at Lithuanian Energy Institute. Her main area of research is sustainable development, sustainability assessment, and corporate social responsibility. She is an author of two books, an author of more than 100 papers published in international journals and an invited Editor for several special issues of Sustainability journals. She is the Editor-in-Chief of the International Journal Transformations in Business and Economics.