Sustainable Procurement is an emerging concept in supply chain and operations management. Manufacturing industries have made improvements in moving from cost-based to quality-based, and customer-focused supply chain management strategies. This is becoming an integrated component in the supply chain system, with players becoming aware of the regulations and needs of the customer. It is imperative for production firms to look at the procurement activity as one of the strategic enablers for sustaining the business in the competitive global environment. This book will provide industries with an understanding of the concepts related to sustainable procurement policies and its implementation.
- Provides decision and theory development models in sustainable procurement supply chains
- Includes contributions in all three major analytics: descriptive, predictive, and perspectives in the context of sustainable procurement supply chain
- Discusses new business models with suppliers and opportunities for co-branding
- Covers how to develop new tools to measure and allocate the gains from sustainable practices among stakeholders
- Analyses the science of translating data into meaningful and actionable insights
Table of Contents
1. Conceptual Framework in Sustainable Procurement: Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) Focused Content Analysis Approach. 2. The Internet of Things-Enabled SMART Procurement: The Next Horizon. 3. Framework for Measuring the Procurement Performance in the Dairy Supply Chain. 4. Modeling the Sustainable Procurement Initiatives Using Fuzzy-Based MCDM Framework. 5. Green Procurement Research: A Review and Modeling Supplier Selection Problem Using GREY Method 6. New Model for Sustainable Supplier Selection Using Fuzzy DEMATEL. 7. Supplier Selection for Protective Relays of Power Transmission Network with the Fuzzy Approach. 8. Multiple Objective Decision-Making Methods in Supplier Selection. 9. Assessing the Drivers to Gain Sustainable Competitive Advantage: An Interpretive Structural Modeling Approach. 10. Analyzing the Drivers of Sustainable Procurement Using the DEMATEL Approach. 11. Barriers on Sustainable Supply Chain Management Implementation for Turkish SME Suppliers: A Fuzzy Analytic Hierarchy Process Approach. 12. Integrating Sustainability into Humanitarian Procurement: A Prioritization of Barriers and Enablers. 13. Text Mining Applied to Literature on Sustainable Supply Chain (1996–2018): An Analysis Based on Scopus. 14. Multi-criteria Decision-Making Techniques to Address Sustainable Procurement in Supply Chain Operations. 15. The Investigation of Sustainable Procurement System Satisfying Turkey’s Energy Demand by Means of Multi-period Interval Parameter Integer Liner Programming (MP-IPILP). 16. A Mixed-Integer Sustainable Public Transportation Model of Procurement Purposes Surrounding a Construction Site 17. A Sustainable Inventory Optimization Problem under Process Flexibility 18. Sustainability of Advance Machine Learning Algorithms in Manufacturing.
Dr. Sachin Kumar Mangla is a lecturer of Knowledge Management and Business Decision-making, in Plymouth Business School, University of Plymouth, Plymouth, United Kingdom. He is working in the field of Green Supply Chain; Circular Economy and Sustainability; Cross Discplinar Research in Supply and Operations Management; Knowledge Management based Decision-Making; Smart Manufacturing/Industry 4.0; Machine Learning; Risk Management; Simulation; Optimisation; Reverse Logistics; Renewable Energy; Empirical research. He did his doctorate (specialisation Operations and Supply Chain Management) from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee. He loves to write research papers and projects. He has published/presented several papers in repute (ABS and ABDC indexed) international/national journals. He has an h-index 21, i10-index 23 and Google Scholar Citations of more than 1050. He has received 2017 Most Cited Paper Award for his paper entitled "Risk analysis in green chain using fuzzy AHP approach: a case study". Currently, he is editing a book "Sustainable Procurement in Supply Chain Operations" published under CRC Press (Taylor & Francis Group). He is also currently editing a Special issue as a Lead Guest Editor in Production Planning & Control: The Management of Operations and Resources, Recycling and Conservation on 'Industry 4 and Circular Economy' and 'Operational Excellence and SSC Performance Improvement'.
Dr. Sunil Luthra is working as an assistant professor, State Institute of Engineering and Technology (formerly known as Government Engineering College), Nilokheri, Haryana, India. He has been associated with teaching for the last fifteen years. He has contributed over hundred research papers in international referred & national journals, and conferences at international and national level. His scholarly work has also been acknowledged in several International journals of repute such as the JCP, IJPE, PPC, IJPR, RSER, RCR, EGY, JRPO and many more, and conference of repute like SOM-14, NITIE – POMS, AGBA, GLOGIFT 14 and GLOGIFT 15 etc. His research is in spotlight. His works got more than 2000 Citations (h-index = 24). His RG score is higher than 85% of Research Gate members. His specific areas of interest are operation management; green supply chain management; sustainable supply chain management; sustainable consumption and production; reverse logistics; renewable/sustainable energy technologies and business sustainability etc.
Dr. Suresh Jakhar is a faculty in the Area of Operations at IIM Lucknow. Jakhar holds his doctorate from IIT Roorkee, Master of Technology from IIT Delhi. Before joining to IIM Lucknow he worked at IIM Rohtak, Symbiosis Center for Management and Human Resources Development (SCMHRD) as an assistant professor in the area of Operations. Jakhar secured All Indian Rank 07 in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2008, jointly conducted by all IITs and IISc. Jakhar has also consulted TATA Chemicals LTD for Warehouse Improvement and Performance Evaluation. He has published research papers in International Journals and conferences. His research work appeared in International Journals like, Journal of Cleaner Production, Production Planning & Control: The Management of Operations, Sustainable Development, International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, Global Journal of Flexible Systems Management, International Journal of Agile Systems and Management and several papers are under review
Dr. Anil Kumar is a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow in area of Decision Sciences at Centre for Supply Chain Improvement, University of Derby, United Kingdom (UK). For the last eight years, he has been associated with teaching and research, which he love to do. He has contributed over 40 + research papers in international referred & national journals, and conferences at international and national level. He have sound analytical capabilities to handle commercial consultancy projects and to deliver business improvement projects. He has skills and expertise of Advance Statistics Models, Multivariate Analysis, Multi-Criteria Decision Making, Fuzzy Theory, Fuzzy Optimization, Fuzzy Multi-Criteria Decision Making, Grey Theory and Analysis, Application of Soft-Computing, Econometrics Models. His area of research are: sustainability, green/sustainable supply chain management, sustainable and green manufacturing, customer retention, green purchasing behaviour, sustainable procurement, sustainable development, circular economy, industry 4.0, performance measurement, human capital in supply chain and operations; decision modelling for sustainable business, and integration of operation area with others areas.
Dr. Nripendra P. Rana is Associate Professor in the School of Management at Swansea University, UK. With an academic and professional background in Mathematics and Computer Science and with PhD in Information Systems, his current research interests focus primarily upon adoption of emerging and cutting edge technology, e-government, m-government, e-commerce and m-commerce systems. His work has been published in leading academic journals including European Journal of Marketing, Information Systems Frontiers, Government Information Quarterly, Production Planning & Control, Journal of Business Research, Public Management Review and Computers in Human Behaviour. He has also presented his research in some of the prominent international conferences of information systems across the world.