Teacher Learning in Changing Contexts Perspectives from the Learning Sciences
Free Shipping (6-12 Business Days)
Free Shipping (6-12 Business Days)
New to the Routledge Advances in Learning Sciences series, this book highlights diverse approaches taken by researchers in the Learning Sciences to support teacher learning. It features international perspectives from world class researchers that exemplify new lenses on the work of teaching, encompassing new objects of learning, methods and tools; new ways of working with researchers and peers; and new efforts to work with the systems in which teachers are embedded.
Together, the chapters in this volume reflect a new frontier of research on teacher learning that leverages diversity in the content, contexts, objects of inquiry, and tools for supporting shifts in instructional practice. Divided into three sections, chapters question:
- What new pedagogies and knowledge do teachers need to facilitate student learning in the 21st century?
- How do learning sciences’ tools, strategies, and experiences provide opportunities for them to learn these?
- What role do teachers play as co-designers of educational innovations?
- What unique affordances does co-design afford for teacher learning?
- What do teachers learn through engaging in co-design?
- How do teachers work and learn as part of interdisciplinary teams within educational systems?
- What might it look like to design for teacher learning in these broader organizational systems?
Uniquely highlighting how cycles of reflection and co-design can serve as important mechanisms to support teacher learning, this invaluable book lays the groundwork for sustained teacher learning and instructional improvement.
Teacher Learning in Changing Contexts: Introduction
Susan R. Goldman, Alison Castro Superfine, and Mon-Lin Monica Ko
Part I: Designing opportunities for teacher learning
1. Engaging Teachers in Dialogic Discourse Practices: Challenges, Effective PD Approaches and
Teachers’ Individual Development.
Ricardo Böheim, Ann-Kathrin Schindler, Tina Seidel
2. Teachers Learning to Implement Student Collaboration: The Role of Data Analytics Tools
Anouschka van Leeuwen, Nikol Rummel
3. Anchoring Science Professional Learning in Curriculum Materials Enactment:
Illustrating Theories in Practice to Support Teachers’ Learning
Katherine L. McNeill, Renee Affolter, Brian J. Reiser
4. Professional Development for STEM Integration: Analyzing Bioinformatics Teaching by Examining Teachers’ Qualities of Adaptive Expertise
Susan A. Yoon, Jooeun Shim, Kate Miller, Amanda Cottone, Noora Noushad, Jae-Un Yoo, Michael V. Gonzalez, Ryan J. Urbanowicz, Blanca E. Himes
Part II: Teacher learning through co-design
5. Learning by design: Nourishing expertise and interventions
Susan McKenney, Joke Voogt , Paul Kirschner
6. Co-Design as an Interactive Context for Teacher Learning
Susan R. Goldman, Allison H. Hall, Mon-Lin Monica Ko
7. Teacher-Researcher Collaborative inquiry in Mathematics Teaching Practices: Learning to Promote Student Discourse.
Kathleen Pitvorec, Alison Castro Superfine, Susan R. Goldman, Christopher Fry
8. The Role of Teacher Beliefs, Goals, Knowledge, and Practices in Co-designing Computer Science Education CurriculaKimberley Gomez, Ung-Sang Lee, Amy Berkhoudt Woodman
9. Teacher-Researcher Co-design Teams: Teachers as Intellectual Partners in Design
Eleni A. Kyza, Andria Agesilaou, Yiannis Georgiou, Andreas Hadjichambis
10. Engaging teachers in a DBIR community to develop ICT-enabled problem-solving skills
Xiaoqing Gu, Hongjin Xu
Part III: Teachers embedded in larger systems
11. Design-Based Implementation Research as an Approach to Studying Teacher Learning in Research-Practice Partnerships Focused on Equity
William R. Penuel, Carrie Allen, Eve Manz, Sara C. Heredia
12. Design for Multilevel Connected Learning in Pedagogical Innovation Networks
Nancy LAW, Pak On KO
13. Teachers’ Expansive Framing in School-Based Citizen Science Partnerships
Maya Benichou, Yael Kali, Yotam Hod
Interacting and Intersecting Contexts of Teacher Learning: Next Steps for Learning Sciences Research
Mon-Lin Monica Ko, Alison Castro Superfine, and Susan R. Goldman
We offer free standard shipping on every order across the globe.
- Free Shipping (6-12 Business Days)