Teaching International Business
Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
- This format is currently out of stock.
Instill social responsibility in your students!“Ethical behavior in international business is our strongest hope, especially at a time when alternative systems of governing individual and corporate behaviors are at their weakest levels.” --Gopalkrishnan R. Iyer, from the chapter “Approaches to Ethics in International Business EducationIn recent years there has been a rapid growth of academic and practical interest in business ethics and social responsibility at the corporate level. Teaching International Business: Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility is a collection of academic writings on the issues and challenges of incorporating ethics and corporate social responsibility concerns into international business education. The logic of economic globalization presumes that economic principles and business ethics are universal, but in fact, cross-cultural realities and indigenous perspectives are often quite unique. Teaching International Business: Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility covers the major perspectives in business ethics as they relate to international business.In Teaching International Business: Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility, you will explore:
- techniques and approaches for teaching ethics and social responsibility to your students
- individual versus corporate responsibility
- cultural effects on generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- cultural effects on generally accepted auditing standards (GAAS)
- globalization and its impacts
- ethical issues in international marketingTeaching International Business: Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility brings you ethical issues and perspectives in economics, management, finance, accounting, and marketing. The broad range of approaches and issues presented here will be of immense use to educators teaching foundational international business courses. This volume will go a long way in gripping students’interests while delivering relevant educational information.
Table of Contents
- Approaches to Ethics in International Business Education
- Getting Around the Impasse: A Grounded Approach to Teaching Ethics and Social Responsibility in International Business Education
- Ethics in International Business Education: Perspectives From Five Business Disciplines
- Social Responsibility and Mana in International Business Education
- International Corporate Responsibility and MBA Programs: Using an Integrated Approach