Within Entrepreneurship Education, Team Academy is seen by some as an innovative pedagogical model that enhances social connectivity, as well as experiential, student-centred and team-based learning. It also creates spaces for transformative learning to occur.
This second book of the Routledge Focus on Team Academy book series includes chapters from contributors working with the TA methodology in academic institutions around the world that discuss the challenges, benefits and approaches to embedding the TA methodology in practice (around coaching, assessment, transformative learning, partnerships, programme evolution, etc.).
This book is aimed at academics, practitioners, and learners engaged in the Team Academy methodology, pedagogy and model, as well as those interested in the area of entrepreneurial team learning. Readers will be inspired to innovate in their delivery methodologies and to explore learning-by-doing approaches to creating value. The book also aims to challenge the discourse around entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial activities, offering insights, research, stories and experiences from those learning and working in the Team Academy approach.
Table of Contents
1. On the Matter of Evidencing Transformative Learning in Enterprise/Entrepreneurship Education
Elinor Vettraino and Colin Jones
2. Programme evolution, success factors and key challenges: the case of Team Entrepreneurship at UWE, Bristol
Berrbizne Urzelai and Lauren Davies
3. HES-SO Business Team Academy: How to evaluate without exams?
Antoine Perruchoud and Lionel Emery
4. Fostering students’ motivation to be and stay in action
Olga Bourachnikova and Caroline Merdinger-Rumpler
5. Developing a sister programme - the first of its kind
6. Exploring a hybrid approach of Team Academy model in the conventional entrepreneurship postgraduate programme
7. How to develop Team Coaches at Team Academy: different contexts, multiple paths
8. Mondragon Team Academy and LEINN Degree: From an educational revolution to a global social innovation inter-cooperation network
Jose Mari Luzarraga Monasterio, Markel Gibert, Berta Lazaro, Aitor Lizartza, and Berrbizne Urzelai
Dr Berrbizne Urzelai is Team Coach and Senior Lecturer in areas of International Management and Entrepreneurship at the University of the West of England, UK.
Dr Elinor Vettraino is Head Coach and Programme Director of the Business Enterprise Development portfolio at Aston University, UK.