Technologies for Sustainable Development
Proceedings of the 7th Nirma University International Conference on Engineering (NUiCONE 2019), November 21-22, 2019, Ahmedabad, India
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after August 6, 2020
This volume contains a selection of papers presented at the 7th Nirma University International Conference on Engineering ‘NUiCONE 2019’. This conference followed the successful organization of four national conferences and six international conferences in previous years. The main theme of the conference was “Technologies for Sustainable Development”, which is in line with the “SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOAL” established by the United Nations. The conference was organized with many inter-disciplinary technical themes encompassing a broad range of disciplines and enabling researchers, academicians and practitioners to choose between ideas and themes. Besides, NUiCONE-2019 has also presented an exciting new set of events to engage practicing engineers, technologists and technopreneurs from industry through special knowledge sharing sessions involving applied technical papers based on case-study applications, white-papers, panel discussions, innovations and technology products.
This proceedings will definitely provide a platform to proliferate new findings among researchers.
- Advances in Transportation Engineering
- Emerging Trends in Water Resources and Environmental Engineering
- Construction Technology and Management
- Concrete and Structural Engineering
- Futuristic Power System
- Control of Power Electronics Converters, Drives and E-mobility
- Advanced Electrical Machines and Smart Apparatus
- Chemical Process Development and Design
- Technologies and Green Environment
- Sustainable Manufacturing Processes
- Design and Analysis of Machine and Mechanism
- Energy Conservation and Management
- Advances in Networking Technologies
- Machine Intelligence / Computational Intelligence
- Autonomic Computing
- Control and Automation
- Electronic Communications
- Electronics Circuits and System Design
- Signal Processing
Table of Contents
1. Chemical Engineering; 2. Civil Engineering; 3. Computer Science and Engineering; 4. Electrical Engineering; 5. Electronics and Communication Engineering; 6. Instrumentation and Control Engineering; 7. Mechanical Engineering
Dr. Alka Mahajan is Director of the Institute of Technology, Nirma University, Ahmedabad. She has over 32 years of teaching and administrative experience and has guided a number of undergraduate and postgraduate projects, and a number of publications in national and international journals and conferences to her credit. Her areas of interest, including Digital Signal Processing, Embedded System Design, Soft Computing, Microcontrollers and Applications, and Power Electronics. She received her PhD from the Delhi College of Engineering, Delhi University. Dr. Mahajan was a Member of the Standing Committee on the scheme of ‘Development of Women’s Studies in Indian Universities and Capacity Building of Women Managers,’ constituted by the MHRD, New Delhi. She is member of the General Council; the Principal Authority of the National Board of Accreditation, New Delhi and also an Expert Evaluator with NBA.
Dr. Parul Patel is Professor in the Civil Engineering Department, Institute of Technology, Nirma University, Ahmedabad. She has more than 29 years of academic and research experience. She has completed her Ph.D. from the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay in the field of Geodesy and Remote Sensing. She has six ISRO funded research projects to her credit. She has presented and published more than 50 papers/posters at national and international conferences and in journals. Her area of interest is Applications of RS, GIS and GPS in Civil Engineering and Construction Technology and Management.
Dr Priyanka Sharma is working as a Professor at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Nirma University, Ahmedabad. She is a Certified NVIDIA DLI Ambassador and specializes in Computer Vision and the Deep Learning domain. An academician by passion and a researcher in the domain of AI and Deep Learning. Dr Sharma has a professional experience of over 20 years. Dr Sharma has been actively associated with research projects funded by Shastri Indo-Canadian Research Grant, Institute for Plasma Research and GUJCOST-DST. Dr Sharma has published over 35 research papers in reputed International Journal and Conferences.